(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naaaaate

naaaaate Senior member

Where is a good place to purchase by-the-yard casual shirting fabrics? Like soft plaids & madras, or chambray, or flannel, but not dress shirt shirting. Shirt shirting.

Also while on the subject, how about panting fabric? For making pants. Like heavy twills & such.

2. mikejones

mikejones Senior member

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I asked this in the chino thread but i think people are looking for different stuff than i am so i'll ask here

I need some trousers too. Grey, navy, purple, yellow, blue, khaki, black, whatever. Something nice and slim (slimmer than jcrew/gap shit). Brands can be a bit higher since it's almost sale time and i might be able to get lucky. I like some of the petrov, jil, raf, helmut, margiela, etc... stuff i've seen but one guy selling on sufu doesn't have my size in these amazing purple petrov ones. Wanna wear with button downs, sweaters, nicer shoes, etc... Any recs? I know that shit is expensive, but maybe some mid range brands that have similar stuff (you know, like corpus, ymc, r&b, raf by rs, etc...) or maybe some used ones or something that's about to go on a decent sale.

Might have to ask in "recent purchases" since some people that i know could help probably don't check this thread at all.

4. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I have some very slim Incotex khaki colored pants that are quite nice. Although I also have a pair of Gap pants that fit about the same (the fabric isn't as nice naturally but I think the leg opening is actually smaller...yeap, i just checked, it's 8" on the Gap and about 8.25" on the Incotext).

5. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I asked this in the chino thread but i think people are looking for different stuff than i am so i'll ask here

I need some trousers too. Grey, navy, purple, yellow, blue, khaki, black, whatever. Something nice and slim (slimmer than jcrew/gap shit). Brands can be a bit higher since it's almost sale time and i might be able to get lucky. I like some of the petrov, jil, raf, helmut, margiela, etc... stuff i've seen but one guy selling on sufu doesn't have my size in these amazing purple petrov ones. Wanna wear with button downs, sweaters, nicer shoes, etc... Any recs? I know that shit is expensive, but maybe some mid range brands that have similar stuff (you know, like corpus, ymc, r&b, raf by rs, etc...) or maybe some used ones or something that's about to go on a decent sale.

Might have to ask in "recent purchases" since some people that i know could help probably don't check this thread at all.

Me too, just make that shit in a new thread :p

I may go down to SW and take a look at these this weekend: http://www.southwillard.com/designer...l-cotton-pant/

6. breakz

breakz Senior member

So a bit of a project: I got a pair of shoes similar to this color (they're Purcells, with a cream tongue, white sole):

[​IMG]

What colors match well here? Khaki, medium navy, and white/cream immediately come to mind.

7. chronoaug

I'm looking for stuff witha 7"hem through 7.75" (8.2" max if the fit is slim).

pg2g. Those look nice. Lemme know how you like them and how slim the fit is and what sizing is like. Also, when you're there, can you check out the Raf by RS pants? I figure most raf by rs stuff isn't really worth retail but it usually always makes sales since the quality isn't up to the other stuff at SW. If they drop to like $90-150 i might grab a pair if the fit is decent on them. They look ok not great on the website at least.

8. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Will do, if not this weekend then maybe next. I think jet said SW's sale is in June sometime.

9. VMan

VMan Senior member

I take a size 31 in APC New Standards (actual waist size is 31.5-32"), what size Rag & Bone RB15 should I get? 33?

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I take a size 31 in APC New Standards (actual waist size is 31.5-32"), what size Rag & Bone RB15 should I get? 33?
    Yeah, RB tends to be TTS and doesn't stretch much at all.

11. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

What kind of shoes, other than chucks, go well with dior 19cm type-cut jeans?

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

how do i know if a jeans is sanforized or not? would it come on the label or is there a tell-tale way, or you have to go the manufacturer's website?

13. chronoaug

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

i have a raw pair of PRPS from ebay that im going to start wearing

nudie slim kim raw

any diesel

somet 008
    KMW rocker raw

15. chronoaug

Diesels are going to be sanforized. Same with nudies (except i think one of their lab models or one of the really expensive weird ones). Somets at BiG are sanforized at least. I think kmws and prps are as well.

Usually the only jeans (not including levis stf) you find unsanforized now are repros like lvc and japanese brands like pbj, sugar cane, flathead, etc... Pretty much only BiG, Self Edge and japanese stores sell them too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.