1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breakz

breakz Distinguished Member

American Apparel as well as Alternative Apparel have several styles of hoodies. While the quality isn't superb, it isn't awful either, and they are all well below $100.

www.americanapparel.net
    www.alternativeapparel.com

Damn onion, thanks again. I forgot these guys have color variety and decent pricing. Anything you know of that's marginally better (willing to pay a bit more for quality)?

2. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Distinguished Member

From what I hear, alternative apparel. I guess.

3. unrated

unrated Senior Member

Hossoso
    breakz
    jufros

Thanks guys.

4. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Distinguished Member

Anyone know where I can get quality hoodies for a good price ($100 max)? No H&M or Zara around me, and Uniqlo's website is a nightmare to navigate. Also, is Uniqlo still selling the vintage chinos?
    They are, but in very limited sizes (think size 35 waist).

5. ahjota

ahjota Distinguished Member

Does anyone have any experience with the brand Takel? Fit-wise, quality-wise, etc.?

I'm interested in the shirt linked here:
    http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...15&c=Takel&d=b

Also, are there any designers or brands that do similar, solid-colored western shirts?

6. sm2s

sm2s Senior Member

pf flyers, any experience with the shoes? im thinking about getting a pair of number5's. any input is appreciated. and how does the sizing run? thanks!

7. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

I really want this thing: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.a...8&section=men& IN BLACK! Yet the black is unavailable. I figure since it's such a minor investment, I could just order the Charcoal and dye it. Is that something I can do myself? Will it look good (comparable to the original black version) And is there anything I should know about dying garments in general?

8. Brutus

Brutus Senior Member

pf flyers, any experience with the shoes? im thinking about getting a pair of number5's. any input is appreciated. and how does the sizing run? thanks!

I have a pair of Number 5's and they fit true to size. They do seem to be kind of slim but the leather on the sides will give/stretch to match your foot...not like Chucks that will just make you suffer.

9. dhinggok

dhinggok Senior Member

i'm looking to get a pair of vans slip ons for some nudie bootcut ola dry jeans of mine. i am deciding between three colors are was looking for your opinion on this matter. the ones i am considering are: http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/31811907/c/275.html http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/31811907/c/359.html http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/9463399/c/9.html personally, i am a fan of the last pair, the blue ones, but i have never seen them with raw denim and therefore don't know if they look goofy or not. that being said, i like all of the pairs of shoes, but i am just looking for the pair that would look the nicest (i.e. not clash) out of those pairs. thanks

10. breakz

breakz Distinguished Member

dhinggok, those grey ones look like the best to wear with indigo.

11. irishkid

irishkid Member

im going to be purchasing some 5ep Low Down Boot Cut Raw jeans. i normally wear a size 32 for a snug fit (i think i have a 33 in waist). do i size down 1, 2, etc? true to size? thank you

12. PG2G

PG2G Distinguished Member

13. inviscid

inviscid Senior Member

Can you add a zipper to the side of boots for not so much $? The only thing holding me back from buying a pair of boots is having to lace them up everytime.

For that matter, how about chucks? I honestly have begun to hate lacing them.

14. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior Member

Can you add a zipper to the side of boots for not so much $? The only thing holding me back from buying a pair of boots is having to lace them up everytime.

For that matter, how about chucks? I honestly have begun to hate lacing them.

[​IMG]

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...postcount=6856

^^ not really sure what the story is on these

[​IMG]

15. alk

alk Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.