(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lorcar

lorcar Well-Known Member

thanks a lot.
    where in NY is the APC NS store?

ops sorry i found it on google

2. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

call up frye first, some of their boots run .5 a size big. Here's the number:1-800-826-FRYE (3793)

3. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

What is the best way to iron linen? I have a linen shirt that is wrinkled, but am apprehensive about ironing it because It's my first nice linen shirt, and I had to save up for a while to afford it.

So for someone who doesn't iron often, what is the best/ most fail safe method??

4. Pat

Pat Senior member

For Band of Outsiders, if I need a size down from an H&M small, what size should I get?

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Different h&m style shirts fit differently. I'm pretty sure measurements of my BoO small is a page or two back in this thread. Or check one of the BoO threads for it.

6. Sauwan

Sauwan Senior member

So I just picked up a pair of Johnson and Murphy at the local thrift shop 'cause they're in decent shape and they fit. But I have no idea what the hell to do with them. They're similar to these but look worn and the leather is quite a bit duller. I don't think polish is going to do much of anything due to the creasing (although I might give it a try) on the toe.

Any thoughts? Can something like this work on a casual level?

7. phipbow

phipbow Active Member

I'm gonna combust, I can't make up my mind: KMW or SExSC?

8. dhinggok

dhinggok Senior member

I usually wear a size 10.5 in Vans Slip ons. They fit comfortably, not snug. A 10 is snug and feels fine, but I prefer the 10.5. There is a pair of special edition vans that is only available in size 9 or 12. Would either be feasible to pull of without seriously damaging my foot and if so, which one would be better? Thanks folks.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

10. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

What is the best way to iron linen? I have a linen shirt that is wrinkled, but am apprehensive about ironing it because It's my first nice linen shirt, and I had to save up for a while to afford it.

So for someone who doesn't iron often, what is the best/ most fail safe method??

wear it wrinkled. linen is meant to be worn like that. if you were to iron that shirt and wear it out, i don't think it will be giving off very good vibes. As I once read someone say (I think it was Armani? If not it was another wealthy european who has distinguished style), a good way to look as if you're rich (linen always had this kinda easy, carefree vibe to me that reminds me of the moneyed on vacation) is to wear a linen jacket and not give a damn whether or not it's wrinkled.

11. ataru

ataru Senior member

12. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

wear it wrinkled. linen is meant to be worn like that. if you were to iron that shirt and wear it out, i don't think it will be giving off very good vibes. As I once read someone say (I think it was Armani? If not it was another wealthy european who has distinguished style), a good way to look as if you're rich (linen always had this kinda easy, carefree vibe to me that reminds me of the moneyed on vacation) is to wear a linen jacket and not give a damn whether or not it's wrinkled.

The whole shirt isn't wrinkled though, just the bottem is really wrinkled and it curls out...

13. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Whats the best place to get Fitted button down that go good with jeans online for less then $100?

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Whats the best place to get Fitted Tee's that go good with jeans online for less then $100?

t-shirts for less than $100? You don't need to spend $100 to get good t-shirts.

15. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I meant Fitted button down shirts my bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.