• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CopRock
There are always a number of lots of 3-12 new Ralph Lauren polo shirts on ebay for far less than retail price. Are they counterfeit? Stolen? If not, how is it that they're always there?

Read a statistic that 90% of Ralph Lauren and Lacoste polo shirts sold on eBay are counterfeit. Seems incredibly high to me, but that was enough to send alarm bells ringing. Those lots in which you can buy choose the size and color of the polos are almost certainly fake.

I would just avoid these altogether if you're concerned about authenticity at all. If you're looking for cheaper Ralph Lauren polos, I would try a Polo Factory Store--they have sales periodically.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WhoKnewI
How difficult is it for a tailor to take a 3.5" wide tie and turn it into a 2.5"-3.0" wide tie? Is this costly?

Any tailor worth his/her salt can do this for fairly cheap (approx. $10).

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CopRock
There are always a number of lots of 3-12 new Ralph Lauren polo shirts on ebay for far less than retail price. Are they counterfeit? Stolen? If not, how is it that they're always there?

Fake fake fake. Just say no.

Sauwan

Reaction score
Would Cordovan shoes with a Charcoal suit be a no-no?

Edit: And sorry about putting it here, I didn't want to start a new thread in MC

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sauwan
Would Cordovan shoes with a Charcoal suit be a no-no?

Edit: And sorry about putting it here, I didn't want to start a new thread in MC

No; it looks sophisticated. (And I am assuming you mean cordovan color, as in burgundy, rather than the leather, which comes in a variety of colors [but most often burgundy].) Cordovan-color shoes go with black, navy, gray, and brown--easily the most versatile color shoe.

JCM

Reaction score
Help me with this Maharishi jacket - Like it or no? How about the elastic? Can't quite decide...

410513081S_2.jpg

headtotoe

Reaction score
Landho, that is helpful, thanks! I'll wear them often as possible.
Originally Posted by landho
I went to the Red Wing store today....clip.... So it seems you should just wear them often and wear them hard Don't know whether that's the answer you were looking for, but that was straight from the Red Wing SA's mouth. Hope that helps.

sikhoody123

Reaction score
hey all, was just wondering if any of you know what the brand name of the zipup in the pic below is and where to buy it. thx i appreciate it.

zipup.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
maharishi jacket, no. ugly shape.

adidas sneaks, no. ugly color combo (that blue + beige, wtf).

chiffonhead

Reaction score
^^^
agreed.

Originally Posted by JCM
Help me with this Maharishi jacket - Like it or no? How about the elastic? Can't quite decide...

410513081S_2.jpg

the elastic ruins it, imo.

pharrow59

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
maharishi jacket, no. ugly shape.

adidas sneaks, no. ugly color combo (that blue + beige, wtf).

its blue, grey and white. i didn't check the white balance on my camera but the colors look pretty close.

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sikhoody123
hey all, was just wondering if any of you know what the brand name of the zipup in the pic below is and where to buy it. thx i appreciate it.

I've seen Blue Marlin zip-ups (not necessarily that one) at Saks Off 5th before. (My brother bought one.) Maybe Saks carries it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics