(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. needshoehelp

needshoehelp Senior member

2. needshoehelp

needshoehelp Senior member

I have seen some threads on Allen Edmonds sizing, but never any which answer my odd question. Instead of doing a thread in the main area, I'll post it here.

I wear a size 10.5 in Nike, a size 10 in Vans, and a size 9.5 (and occasionally 10) in Cole Hahn. What size will I wear in Allen Edmonds? I'm guessing size 10? Also, I'd guess that Alden's sizing is very close to AE?

I am standard width (D) so that should be no problem.

Probably a 10. I wear an 11D in both Cole Haan and AE if that helps.

3. landho

landho Senior member

I have seen some threads on Allen Edmonds sizing, but never any which answer my odd question. Instead of doing a thread in the main area, I'll post it here.

I wear a size 10.5 in Nike, a size 10 in Vans, and a size 9.5 (and occasionally 10) in Cole Hahn. What size will I wear in Allen Edmonds? I'm guessing size 10? Also, I'd guess that Alden's sizing is very close to AE?

I am standard width (D) so that should be no problem.

I would also guess that you wear a 10D in AE. I wear a 9 in Vans and a 10 in Nikes.

The sizing on Alden shoes is similar to that on AE shoes, although there is some difference with regard to the lasts that Alden uses. (I don't know the difference between the lasts on AE; I have only one pair and have not done sufficient research.) IIRC, the Alden lasts (from widest to narrowest) are

--Tru-Balance
    --Barrie
    --Plaza
    --Copley
    --Hampton
    --Aberdeen

I wear between a 9C and and a 9D in all my Aldens. I have a pair of AEs (don't know what last) in 9D and a pair of Aldens in 9D on the Aberdeen last, and they both fit slightly on the loose side. (I'm probably a little OC, though, so most people probably wouldn't even notice.)

4. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

Thank you lando and needsshoehelp! I have bookmarked this thread for future reference and will be buying my first pair of AE's in two hours unless I get bid sniped : )

5. henry350

henry350 New Member

Hi, I was directed to ask my quick question here by another member...

I was wonder if anyone noticed this jacket Daniel Craig was wearing in the movie Layer Cake, and if you guys could point me in the direction of where I could find it, or one like it. Thanks!

This is probably the best pic I could find, but if you remember the movie at all, there's a lot of closeup shots with him wearing it w/ jeans and a plain shirt underneath.

Here's the photo :
    http://www.allmoviephoto.com/photo/2...e_006_big.html
    -Henry

6. hookhook

hookhook Well-Known Member

Hey guys I have a quick question. I'm new to "premium denim" and have been lurking on the site for a while now. I found a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch.134 that say they are 74% cotton and 26% poly. Is this possible? I thought all premium denim came in 100% cotton? They are from a legit store but I've never heard of ES making a poly blend.

7. landho

landho Senior member

Hey guys I have a quick question. I'm new to "premium denim" and have been lurking on the site for a while now. I found a pair of Earnest Sewn Hutch.134 that say they are 74% cotton and 26% poly. Is this possible? I thought all premium denim came in 100% cotton? They are from a legit store but I've never heard of ES making a poly blend.

This very thread addresses another member's outrage at discovering the same fact: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...nest+polyester

8. hookhook

This very thread addresses another member's outrage at discovering the same fact: http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...nest+polyester

WTF???? Mine has even more poly than his does! But they are soft and comfy wothout being stretchy so I'm not quite sure what to do. [​IMG]

9. bure

bure Senior member

quick question: [​IMG]

is there an easy way to button a dress shirt's cuff button? i find it EXTREMELY HARD to do with one hand... tips?

[​IMG]

10. Asch

Asch Senior member

is there an easy way to button a dress shirt's cuff button? i find it EXTREMELY HARD to do with one hand... tips?
    Just keep practicing. It's something that does become much easier and quicker with time, though right now that may be hard to imagine.

11. landho

landho Senior member

quick question: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A similar skill set is required to unfasten a bra with one hand.

12. 65535

65535 Senior member

Sneaker question:

To be worn with dark blue jeans and occasionally dark brown corduroys.

3 shoe styles, just say yes or no and why:

13. CopRock

CopRock Member

There are always a number of lots of 3-12 new Ralph Lauren polo shirts on ebay for far less than retail price. Are they counterfeit? Stolen? If not, how is it that they're always there?

14. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Senior member

Out of all three, I prefer the first pair. I don't like the shape of the last pair and i prefer the color of the first over the second pair.

How difficult is it for a tailor to take a 3.5" wide tie and turn it into a 2.5"-3.0" wide tie? Is this costly?

15. hookhook

Sneaker question:

To be worn with dark blue jeans and occasionally dark brown corduroys.

3 shoe styles, just say yes or no and why:

The third pair definitely wouldn't go with the cords, and I'm not too keen on them with jeans either. The shape of the first two are better. I like the brown more than the black but I think that the black ones would go with the brown cords. The 1st pair might get lost in the color of the cords. JMHO [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.