Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

If that's the case, shrink/soak them now to get that over and done with. Once that's happened, the cuffing question should become a thing of the past. They're now at the length they're supposed to be.

I thought that you only soak after you have worn them for a while to get effects. Am I misunderstood?

2. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

New question:

So I have these Diesel Zatiny, wash 0088Zs. I have always been a 32/30 in Diesels. But the denim or wash is different on these. The denim feels rough and dry and has stretched in the inseam much more than other Diesels that I have owned.

I know these aren't "raw" but does anyone know what makes these jeans different and should I treat them in a particular way?

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

All jeans stretch (raw, japanese, diesels, mall brands) and then shrink back to how they were before you wore them when you wash them. It is the nature of jeans.

4. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Oh yes I know this. I am no dummy and HAVE owned denim before. My question was more to the point of how these Diesels differ from other Diesel denim I have worn, and if anyone knows what that difference is.

Not a big deal, just curious.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I wasn't trying to be insulting. A lot of newer people assume that raw denim is a lot different than normal jeans. Diesel may just use different sources of denim for certain jeans. Also, is there a coating or resin applied? Not familiar with them just trying to throw out things. There other jeans seem pretty heavily washed (stonewashed?) and kinda soft. It's possible your's might just be heavier denim and a less severe washing technique. RyeGb has an extensive knowledge of denim sources and wash houses being in the industry. He might be able to help next time he logs on.

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I thought that you only soak after you have worn them for a while to get effects. Am I misunderstood?
    Have you actually purchased the jeans you're referring to? It'd be way easier to explain. Otherwise, like I said before, there are two kinds of raw: Shrink To Fit and One-Wash (or Sanforized). This topic has been discussed ad naseum.

7. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

Thanks for your response and maturity. Some threads so often deteriorate to petty arguments. I guess I was curious about these jeans because they are dark, seem coated with something, and have no abrasions; qualities most often associated with raw denim.

Thanks for the tip on RyeGb. [​IMG]

8. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Senior member

Can anyone point me to e-tailers that carry Needles/Nepenthes wallets? I was going to buy one about a year ago and I'm still toting around my $20 Jack Spade clunker. I need a new wallet.

9. DeadDJ

DeadDJ Senior member

Nudie Slim Jim ($60) v. Lee Gold Label 101z ($90)

No Question, gold label right? And is the 101z fit similar to APC New Standard, New cure, or Slim Jim?

Thanks.

10. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

is it possible to shorten the sleeves of a leather jacket? a non-ribbed sleeve that is..

11. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

No Question, gold label right? And is the 101z fit similar to APC New Standard, New cure, or Slim Jim?

Thanks.

I dont know much about the Lee's but from what I've read and heard about them they have an ultra low rise. If you enjoy a nutcrusher go with them. Also where can you get jims for $60 im interested [​IMG].

Anyway I have a question of my own and may be very stupid because it seems dumb to me, anyway is the SDA-103 and SDA-103 Tight STraight the same jean?

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

Anyway I have a question of my own and may be very stupid because it seems dumb to me, anyway is the SDA-103 and SDA-103 Tight STraight the same jean?

They are. AFAIK "Tight Straight" in Japanese Engrish just means slim straight with lower than standard (501ish) rise. [​IMG]

This chart should explain:
    http://www.dartisan.co.jp/shilhouette/index.html

13. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

Thanks.

The 101z fits pretty close to the slim jim- but the yoke isn't as dropped, and the rise is of course, lower. Both the APC's are mid rise jeans.

14. supersum1

supersum1 New Member

I recently purchased a pair of brogue boots. My question is, do I need a shoe tree or a boot tree? And if I need a boot tree, does it matter if the boot tree is for cowboy boots?

I would also appreciate any good sources for said trees.

15. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

They are. AFAIK "Tight Straight" in Japanese Engrish just means slim straight with lower than standard (501ish) rise. [​IMG]

This chart should explain:
    http://www.dartisan.co.jp/shilhouette/index.html

Thanks alot I really appreciate the help..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.