(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I'm not sure if the discount takes more off of sales. I might be wrong though. I just called and ordered my jeans (i wanted a tshirt but it sold out that day [​IMG]) I do recall whoever was on the denimbar sf account say that they'll fix the online code once the sale is over. Just call them and order your stuff.

2. jufros

jufros Senior member

The discount does not apply to sale merchandise. But yeah call them if you can't get the code to work for regular priced gear.

3. Wally

Wally Senior member

So I really like the ksubi/tsubi dee dee worn grey jeans. I have a pair in 34 but they are just too tight on my thights. I am thinking about exchaing them for a 36 for the bigger thights and getting the seat/waist tailored. Would this work or be too much trouble? Anyone know a tailor in DC who could do this?

4. elliottchow

elliottchow Senior member

whats the smallest sizing for a an apc rescue can i ask and does one stay the same size as their apc new standard ?

5. BYucko

BYucko Senior member

Hi all, wondering where I can get an INEXPENSIVE (re: not 'cheap') hoodie that looks almost exactly like this: very slim, striped with bold colour

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...ic+Glamour&d=g

What brand, etc. Preferably looking for ~$100. Come on, not ALL hoodies like that have to be $374!

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

6. funkygroove

funkygroove Well-Known Member

So I've worn my apc ns every single day since I got them 7 months ago. I live a pretty sedentary life as a student so nothing extremely dramatic in terms of fading but I have some respectable wiskers/ass fade going on. They don't smell at all and have no visible staining so the question is: to wash or not to wash?

I think I could probably go 2-3 months more without anyone noticing so what would the advantage of washing now be?

Thanks,

FG

7. chronoaug

If they don't smell or have stains or are noticeably dirty, there really isn't any point of washing them. I wash my clothes (except boxers and socks) when they need to be washed only.

8. billiamphan

billiamphan Well-Known Member

9. xchen

xchen Senior member

So I've worn my apc ns every single day since I got them 7 months ago. I live a pretty sedentary life as a student so nothing extremely dramatic in terms of fading but I have some respectable wiskers/ass fade going on. They don't smell at all and have no visible staining so the question is: to wash or not to wash?

I think I could probably go 2-3 months more without anyone noticing so what would the advantage of washing now be?

I agree with chrono. Most people exaggerate the need to wash jeans. Back in the late 1800s and early 1900s folks worked long, hard days in their jeans and they didn't wash them anywhere near as much as people do today. As long as they don't smell, don't worry, and if they do, there are ways to remove smell without washing.

10. TheresMorgan

TheresMorgan New Member

What's a good resource for fashion aimed more towards teens/young adults? I really want to look nice and all, but I can't afford the majority of websites posted here and such, and I hate the abercrombie/etc. look. I've been going to used clothes places to get things outside of the norm, but I still don't know what'll look good together and whatnot. Thanks!

11. chronoaug

If by outside the norm you mean more diesel and stuff like that, try www.honestforum.com I really do encourage you to stick around and try to develop a style on this website as it can be done for cheaper. Brands like American Apparel, (i'm guessing you don't have h&m or uniqlo in texas but those are good), getting just 1 pair of nice relatively expensive jeans like APC or even a well fitting pair of levis 514 or 511, some decent converse or vans, and then the occasional discounted piece on sale from a website or in the buy & sell thread and you'll be well on your way to looking solid for cheap. Don't forget ebay, military suprlus stores and stuff like that. Western shirts, military jackets and such can look good if you wear them right and are pretty cheap. Not like it's any more expensive than abercrombie, etc... For example, i'm 21 and and when i first started on this site i just bought a pair of darker slimmer jeans for $30 (levis 514), a western shirt, 2 pairs of chucks and some american apparel basics and just built from there as i tried to develop a style i felt represented me more. The people here are very friendly and most importantly patient. It's over a year later and i've pretty much shed all my clothes from first starting out a year ago and am always looking from really good deals whether it be big sales or buying second hand clothes.

12. Gewehr

Gewehr Senior member

To school I wear blue jeans/ black polo as uniform. What type of coat or jacket would look stylish? It has to be black or charcoal.
    I'm 17. It's my las semester of "preparatoria" which might be equal to high school in the US. No leather and ~$60 =P
    Thanks

13. onion

onion Senior member

To school I wear blue jeans/ black polo as uniform. What type of coat or jacket would look stylish? It has to be black or charcoal. I'm 17. It's my las semester of "preparatoria" which might be equal to high school in the US. No leather and ~$60 =P Thanks
    I would go for a wool pea coat. The 60 dollars part is going to kill pretty much any jacket short of a hoodie (a cheap one at that) or track jacket so, perhaps you should save a bit more for a coat, if you want it to be heavy at least.

14. arced

arced Senior member

I picked up a pair of those Engineered Garments jeans from the Peasant sale. Anyone know how much shrinking or stretching I should expect? Anyone with any experience with these? I didn't notice too much in archives...

15. Gewehr

Gewehr Senior member

I would go for a wool pea coat. The 60 dollars part is going to kill pretty much any jacket short of a hoodie (a cheap one at that) or track jacket so, perhaps you should save a bit more for a coat, if you want it to be heavy at least.
    Thnks, I think I will save more x3 I fell in love with this one [​IMG] Still, the price is uknown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.