• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
For those of you who have gotten the Red Wing 1911 Gentleman Traveler boots from Cultizm.com, do the Euro-sourced version of the boot have the Red Wing logo at the ankle? Here's their stock photo:

Its hard to tell from thier pic but it looks like the wing logo is there. The 8138, 1908, and 1907 clearly have the logo and I would guess the 1911 and 1914 do as well. There must be a reason why the cultism ones have different numbers then the us-sold ones (1911/9011) Id guess they are exactly the same except for the logo. I bought 2 pairs from 2 different sources and neither have the logo. (1 from zappos, 1 from a store in Brooklyn via BS forum)

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's cover sizing issues for Red Wing GT series instead. If I'm a 10 in chucks, 10.5 in purcells and 11 in Nike/APCxnike... can I go for 10.5 in RW? I'd rather have them a little bigger (to fit thicker socks) than a somewhat on the small side. Please tell me I should go for the 10.5

voxsartoria: what size do you wear and what size did you get your 1911 in?

wiru

Reaction score
iirc, the bb box is plain. it's possible i'm mistaken.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
KMW 1950 (how fully cut are these?)

not really 'slim' but not baggy. they're pretty fitted on the top block with a medium-low rise. below the knee is loose. comparable to straight svens.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's cover sizing issues for Red Wing GT series instead. If I'm a 10 in chucks, 10.5 in purcells and 11 in Nike/APCxnike... can I go for 10.5 in RW? I'd rather have them a little bigger (to fit thicker socks) than a somewhat on the small side. Please tell me I should go for the 10.5
voxsartoria: what size do you wear and what size did you get your 1911 in?

Heres a visual guide. Purcells are 9.5...Redwings are 8. The Redwings are about 1/4 size bigger than the purcells. The purcells fit me perfect where the Redwings are just a tad long which is good for thick socks. Both have a similar width. So I say downsize 1.5 from purcells that fit you perfect.
redpurcell1.jpg

redpurcell2.jpg

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wiru: Yes, that sounds like I thought. Great news, just what I want. I'm in between sizes, should I size up or down? i.e. do they run small or big? They're sanforized so I assume they don't have any considerable shrinkage in the waist...

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
underwearer: ****, cultizm is out of that size. Anyone wanna sell me a US9? ****. Thanks, though, for breaking it down for me.

edit: your boots looks absolutely beautiful, which angers me even more.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
underwearer: ****, cultizm is out of that size. Anyone wanna sell me a US9? ****. Thanks, though, for breaking it down for me.
edit: your boots looks absolutely beautiful, which angers me even more.

That sucks I just sold a pair of 9's that I got from GarageSurf Rock that didnt fit him, or me, and as soon as I sold them the buyer emailed me to see if I would return them because they dont fit him either and last I saw he had them on ebay but they are gone now.

Keep checking zappos because Im sure tons of people will be returning them for different sizes.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question concerning knight ties:

They are essentially just long slim rectangles of knitted fabric right? If so then could I just go a friend to knit me one or knit one myself?

And what are the typical dimensions?

They're 2 inches wide, right?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry to repost...but, for those of you who bought the 1911 in Europe, for example, from Cultizm, does your 1991 have the Red Wing logo on the ankle or not?

The version that I recieved from Zappos (which I guess is the Euro market version made for the US, if that makes sense), does not have a logo on th exterior ankle, bu the stock photo from Cultizm sure makes it look like there is a logo on theirs.

I'll do the obvious and ask Cultizm tomorrow, but I was hoping for some info from anyone here before I ask. I know from searching SF that some of you have purchased 1911s from Cultizm.

Thanks.

- B

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
For those of you who have gotten the Red Wing 1911 Gentleman Traveler boots from Cultizm.com, do the Euro-sourced version of the boot have the Red Wing logo at the ankle? Here's their stock photo:

85_0.jpg

I'm just returning a pair from Zappos that were slightly too large (I didn't size down 1/2) and they are out of stock in the size that I want. The ones that came from Zappos do not have the Red Wing logo at the ankle and that is what I would prefer.

Thanks.

- B

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nudie Slim Jims have a months wear on them and I'm about to switch wallets. Will my back pocket look marsupialed?

Haha, actually waiting to wear the APCs till I have the wallet so I don't even have to take this into consideration.

wiru

Reaction score
wiru: Yes, that sounds like I thought. Great news, just what I want. I'm in between sizes, should I size up or down? i.e. do they run small or big? They're sanforized so I assume they don't have any considerable shrinkage in the waist...
definitely down. they were a bit bigger than tagged, but not a full size. shrinkage seemed pretty standard. with a hot soak, the waist wasn't much smaller but the inseam lost 1-2 inches. the pics/measurements on context are good kmw 1950

WorkingTitle

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find a good pair of combat boots? I saw the Ann D, Rick Owens and the new Julius one and they all look amazing, but I cant for the life of me find them anywhere to purchase.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for stylish combat boots that are able to be found without a private investigator?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Nudie Slim Jims have a months wear on them and I'm about to switch wallets. Will my back pocket look marsupialed?

Haha, actually waiting to wear the APCs till I have the wallet so I don't even have to take this into consideration.

They're just jeans. You're overthinking this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics