1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robin

robin Senior member

How heavy is "Woolen Flannel"

There is a pair of dress pants I am eyeing that are Woolen Flannel, are these most likely going to be heavy material? and pretty much winter only?

It's heavy. You could still wear them on those cold spring days though.

2. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

ah scary to invest for next winter, i'd rather have a much more rounded pair, i'll have to pass

3. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Senior member

4. constant struggle

yes they look fine for business casual, (considering these days anything goes besides jeans)

5. Victim

Victim New Member

When you wear a sweater over a collar shirt, as in leaving the collars visible under the sweater, do you do the same for the sleeves? Are you supposed to hide the sleeves? or expose them?

6. Philosoph

Philosoph Senior member

Personal preference. I like to leave a little bit of cuff showing, a la a suit jacket or sport coat.

7. Victim

Victim New Member

8. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I'm sure there's a thread about this but humor me: I have a new pair of raw Lees and I got them tight thinking they would stretch. The waist is stretching out fine but they're scratching and bruising my inner thighs where the low-slung crotch rubs when I walk. I want to soak them so they'd get softer but I don't really want them to shrink as they're already a bit too tight. I'm really too old for this...
    Cold soak them for awhile, let them hang dry half way (to get most the water out), then wear them damp until dry. Walk to the store or something while they're a bit damp and they won't shrink and possibly stretch a bit more for you noob [​IMG]

9. jellywerker

jellywerker Well-Known Member

Is anyone still doing the alternative apparel/american apparel wholesale deal?

10. Eason

Eason Senior member

I'm sure there's a thread about this but humor me: I have a new pair of raw Lees and I got them tight thinking they would stretch. The waist is stretching out fine but they're scratching and bruising my inner thighs where the low-slung crotch rubs when I walk. I want to soak them so they'd get softer but I don't really want them to shrink as they're already a bit too tight. I'm really too old for this...

Are these the 101z's? I used to have that problem, it turned out that they weren't stretching because I was wearing them with my belt. You didn't say anything about a belt, but just to rule it out I remind you to wear them without a belt and push them lower on your hips.

11. berlin report

berlin report Senior member

Cold soak them for awhile, let them hang dry half way (to get most the water out), then wear them damp until dry. Walk to the store or something while they're a bit damp and they won't shrink and possibly stretch a bit more for you

noob [​IMG]

I will definitely try this but I think I'll stay indoors while they're still damp. Lest I literally freeze my ass.
    Yes, I feel like a noob.[​IMG]

Are these the 101z's? I used to have that problem, it turned out that they weren't stretching because I was wearing them with my belt. You didn't say anything about a belt, but just to rule it out I remind you to wear them without a belt and push them lower on your hips.

No, these aren't the 101Z's. These are the Ace and the fabric is much heavier on this model and they're not stretching very much. I actually had to give up the 101Z's after I washed them. I could hardly close them anymore after that and didn't feel like looking like some left-over from the last gay pride parade.[​IMG]

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

I looked but couldn't really find anything concrete: what exactly do the LVC 1947 501xx fit like? Measurements would be great. Also, how does the front and back rise compare to, say, 5EP LDB?

13. SantosLHalper

SantosLHalper Senior member

Cold soak them for awhile, let them hang dry half way (to get most the water out), then wear them damp until dry. Walk to the store or something while they're a bit damp and they won't shrink and possibly stretch a bit more for you

You could also try a spray bottle with some water in it if you don't want to soak the whole pair of jeans. They'll stretch where you spray them.

14. dusty

dusty Senior member

I need new jeans. My RB11s are perfect in every way (cut, color, stiffness, fade-resistance) but I don't want another pair of the same denim. They can be raw or rinse. Suggestions?

EDIT: I should've posted this in that jeans thread. Not too late!

15. constant struggle

I need new jeans. My RB11s are perfect in every way (cut, color, stiffness, fade-resistance) but I don't want another pair of the same denim. They can be raw or rinse. Suggestions?

EDIT: I should've posted this in that jeans thread. Not too late!

why do you need a 2nd pair, get some dedication into those!

16. constant struggle

my peacoat (inapt tight fit peacoat), whenever i wear it it leaves lots of black fuzz all over the place...

is this because the coat is not the greatest quality, (ie not 100% 'natural fibers')

or is it because it isn't lined

will most peacoats do this?

I am really frustrated with this coat after using it all winter and i just felt like the fuzz problem would go away in time, but it never did.

THOUGHTS?

17. onion

onion Senior member

I posted this in the hickeystyle.com thread as well, but felt it might get a responce quicker here. My question is:

I was looking at a long sleeve button up shirt with a 2 button collar on hickeystyle.com and it said "white griffin logo on back upper left". How big of a logo is this? is it lacoste size or like Juicy Couture size? There are no pictures of the back of these shirts.

18. feynmix

feynmix Senior member

I posted this in the hickeystyle.com thread as well, but felt it might get a responce quicker here. My question is:

I was looking at a long sleeve button up shirt with a 2 button collar on hickeystyle.com and it said "white griffin logo on back upper left". How big of a logo is this? is it lacoste size or like Juicy Couture size? There are no pictures of the back of these shirts.

The griffin logo, in my opinion, is not that big nor conspicuous. I have a pink striped shirt with the same logo, and one would pretty much have to scan the arm to find it exactly. If there is more color contrast, it might be a bit more conspicuous, but nothing close to Lacoste.

19. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

my peacoat (inapt tight fit peacoat), whenever i wear it it leaves lots of black fuzz all over the place...

is this because the coat is not the greatest quality, (ie not 100% 'natural fibers')

or is it because it isn't lined

will most peacoats do this?

I am really frustrated with this coat after using it all winter and i just felt like the fuzz problem would go away in time, but it never did.

THOUGHTS?

Your's isn't lined? Mine was lined and kept warm and no fuzzies. Mine is the "admiral" model with the brass buttons though. That sucks, but i remember getting fuzzies when trying on a sterlingwear pcoat at the surplus store awhile back.

20. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

Mine gets no fuzzies either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.