(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

My 5EPs smell too bad to wear. I tried a bit of Febreeze and they started smelling too bad to even sit near. I just gave them a cold soak but the smell is still there. Any other options besides dry cleaning?

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

Shower more? [​IMG] But seriously, hang drying after every use is the best option. When you cold soak, you should really just throw a bit of detergent in there. Also, try hanging after use and soaking with detergent with the jeans inside out since it's usually the inside of the jeans that smell the most from sweat.

3. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Sized Down 2

Wash or dry clean, that's pretty much it. People might suggest Febreeze and letting them sit outside overnight, etc... I mean, maybe it'll work, but I doubt it. Don't fear the water.

4. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

There's no way I'm washing these babies yet. I'm fine with dry cleaning them (only this time I will go to a different cleaner than the ones who laundered my APCs when I requested dry cleaning)...just wanted to know if there were any other homebrew methods.

Now the problem is mostly the Febreeze smell; I think that was very bad idea.

5. chronoaug

You said you already cold soaked them then? It's not like there is much harm in adding a bit of detergent to the water. It won't break the jeans. Do it inside out if you're afraid of indigo loss, plus like i said, it's the inside that stinks.

6. Serg

Serg Senior member

put them in a zip lock bag (air tight) and put them in the freezer for 24h. Probably is bacteria that is causing the smell. Just make sure its air tight or it might end up smelling like your freezer.

7. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I can't say from first hand exp, but I've heard that the freezer method gives you at best mixed results.

I swear by Antimicrobial Febreeze (the kind with the orange cap), which is designed to kill bacteria. Soak the crotch and seat with the spray and hang them by the waistband from one of those clip hangers - doesn't need to be outside, although I'm sure that would be better. I think people who bitch about Febreeze use the other ones, which often only make things worse.

8. wiru

wiru Senior member

I took some pants in to the tailor for hemming, and when I got them back he'd pressed them and added a crease. Is there any way I can get this out, or am I stuck with it? They're made of cotton, but the material's kind of similar to a tweed or heavy wool -- something I'm not sure I should be ironing.

9. asobu

asobu Senior member

Medium. I am a 38 in the chest, and a small is a slim, but not skin tight, fit in the jersey henley. You would need at least a medium unless you want it to look like Underarmor.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the french terry turtle neck in size L a few weeks ago (still haven't received it) and I hope it fits. I'm a bit worried it'ill be too big, especially now. I tried the hooded jersey and size L was quite good albeit a bit slouchy. Now I'm holding off on ordering more B.Son items until after I get to try on the piece I bought.

10. chronoaug

Anyone know of any slim, almost skinny jeans in a dark grey asphalt like color? I like the color of the april 77 grey overdrives but those are too skinny for me. Also, a pair of slim/skinny jeans in a charcoal type color. I've seen a pair of drkshdw (grey and greaser/charcoal colored) and a pair of cloak ones in the supermarket but the sizes weren't mine.

11. Raijin

Raijin Member

Anyone know of any slim, almost skinny jeans in a dark grey asphalt like color? I like the color of the april 77 grey overdrives but those are too skinny for me. Also, a pair of slim/skinny jeans in a charcoal type color. I've seen a pair of drkshdw (grey and greaser/charcoal colored) and a pair of cloak ones in the supermarket but the sizes weren't mine.

Depends on how much on the wild side you are willing to go.... black coated denim, broken twill, made in Japan (same fabric as used by Dior). Nice and skinny with a little stretch.

[​IMG]

12. whacked

whacked Senior member

What's wrong with the grey Cures? Just curious...

13. chronoaug

I like the color of them, but wanted a darker grey pair too. I've lost a bit of weight in the last 6 months, and i probably should've bought a 30. They still fit well and i like them, but i'm considering a trade for a 29 or trying to buy a 30. Ideally, i want a pair of those because i love the color, a darker grey pair, a nice indigo pair, and a pair of charcoal almost black jeans. 4-5 jeans ain't too bad compared to some guys.

Raijin- They're a bit crazy for me. I'm not really looking for shiny jeans like that. The ideal jeans were these drkshdw and cloak greaser jeans that i saw if they were in my size. Also, cloak jeans seem to all come in a 32 inseam only and i usually prefer 33 or 34 for some break.

14. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

I've been lusting after several different Belstaff jackets, but have no idea where to buy them. Does anyone know if they're available in NYC or LA? Or are they only available in Britain, Europe, and online?

15. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I've been lusting after several different Belstaff jackets, but have no idea where to buy them. Does anyone know if they're available in NYC or LA? Or are they only available in Britain, Europe, and online?

Saks man, Saks. Also, I believe that Barneys stocks Belstaff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.