• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdc_2008
Got a Blundstone question.

I have been looking for a decent pair of chelsea boots in around the $100 to $150 range. I have finally settled on Blundstone, but am not sure what model to get.

You can do better than that in that price range (unless you really like the look of those. I don't)

For some reason, the first thing that came to mind at that price at full retail was Banana Republic. I've heard good things about their shoes in the past. Check here and here.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I was considering these distressed black dress shoes. I like the look and aesthetics of these and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on them? Which ones you like better, quality info, am i an idiot for even considering them? Anybody know how these fit if i'm traditionally a 10.5-11? Also, has anyone even heard of the lvr brand, sand? http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=281248 http://www.barneys.com/b/browse/prod...egoryId=281248 http://www.luisaviaroma.com/ecnew/Co...&CodArticolo=2 I know they probably rub a lot of people the wrong way, but i like the styling for some reason. I feel i'd be able to wear them casually and with semi dressy stuff with an edge. I don't know how to describe it since i'm still developing style wise. I feel i'd possibly be able to build from a pair of those though. I don't know. I didn't want to create a whole thread for it though but appreciate feedback. LVH is depressing because it reminds me how ****** the dollar is right now.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the first ones, think they may have come up in a thread before. I don't like the others too much though.

Don't know what to tell you about sizing, I have a pair of Barney's suede chukkas and I got them a half size smaller than my usual. Though, that's all relative and I don't really have any good comparison shoes :p

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Garage/Surf Rock
Serious question: Are there any beefs between members on this forum? I've noticed snipes here and there but I can't tell if the people are being serious or what.

Almost all of it is good-natured ribbing, but IME any real conflict stems from the CE forum.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Serious question: Are there any beefs between members on this forum? I've noticed snipes here and there but I can't tell if the people are being serious or what.
There is and there isn't; for the most part the same people I harass on a near-daily basis are the same ones I talk to privately. As in the real world, there are lots of opinions one can choose to listen to or vehemently hate. But like Brian mentioned it's mostly good-natured. Mostly.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
You can do better than that in that price range (unless you really like the look of those. I don't)

For some reason, the first thing that came to mind at that price at full retail was Banana Republic. I've heard good things about their shoes in the past. Check here and here.

Damn, not cool....yeah, those look nicer. Never thought of buying shoes from BR.....they are a bit more than I wanted to spend (mostly because I am also looking to get a pair of those JCrew Redwings...)....the wing tip boots look kinda nice as well.

malloc

Reaction score
All the recent boot-related questions have got me interested in a day-to-day, beat-around boots. RM Williams are on the radar, but seem a bit too dressy (nor do I like the idea of having water sloshed into the elastic and seeping through to my feet). The Frye 8R engineers are nice and the general style I'm looking for, but I was wondering if anyone knew of alternatives with maybe a lower heel, or a lower boot to begin with (maybe a desert-boot chukka, non-suede). These NDCs also seem kind of nice. But not being able to try them on/being $330 makes them less appealing.

Mr Sola

Reaction score
Anyone have a discount code for Steve Alan?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score

It's mostly good-natured, with a few exceptions--as noted, mostly in the CE forum (or arising from the CE forum and spilling out into the other fora). I don't have a beef with anyone here except whodini, because he let me buy him drinks all night but rejected my advances anyway. I'm not a goddamn ATM, who. Screw you.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I was on a forum about 4 years ago where they charged $10 for avatar changes as a way to pay servers. However, the fee was to change anyone's avatar/title.
devil.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
It's mostly good-natured, with a few exceptions--as noted, mostly in the CE forum (or arising from the CE forum and spilling out into the other fora). I don't have a beef with anyone here except whodini, because he let me buy him drinks all night but rejected my advances anyway. I'm not a goddamn ATM, who. Screw you.
Not my fault that your roofie coladas are so fuckin' weak. Besides, your idea of "respecting someone in the morning" is asking if they want french toast or pancakes with their grand slam breakfast at Denny's.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Not my fault that your roofie coladas are so fuckin' weak. Besides, your idea of "respecting someone in the morning" is asking if they want french toast or pancakes with their grand slam breakfast at Denny's.

I usually try to ditch and leave them with the check, too. But that's OTHER people. I would have given you the world... maybe even taken you to IHOP instead of Denny's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads