1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Purcells are slightly more true to size. If you sized down 1 for chucks, i'd only size down .5 for purcells. If you size down .5 for chucks, i'd stick with that. I'm a 10.5 in vans slip, 10 chucks, 10 in varvatos. I haven't tried on purcells but this is the information i've gathered

2. underwearer

underwearer Senior member

been asked a billion times before I'm sure, but is chuck and purcell sizing identical?

I think the only difference is that purcells have an insert that makes them fit a little tight in the toe cap area. I wear 9.5 in chucks, 9.5 in vans sk8hi, and 9.5 in purcells.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Anyone know of a good matte black skinny jeans besides cheap monday? I can't find anyone selling the cloak ones at the moment and i don't know of any julian red darkdancers in my size. Those were the two i was most interested in. Any other options? I kinda like the nudie tfbc but i don't want a jean with a shine like that. I was in the process of finding a pair of acne max cash but do those have a shine to them as well? I can't tell from pics.

4. jufros

jufros Senior member

One more: can someone send me in the direction of some extremely light weight shirts or sweaters (U-neck?). Think Rick Owens, Ann D on a budget. Looking to add some textured layering pieces to my wardrobe.

5. Tonybag0dohnutz

Tonybag0dohnutz Senior member

Can anybody comment on the waist sizing of 5ep jeans, specifically the LDB in Resin (I know the rigid and the resin differ a bit in sizing)? I'm usually a 30 in all raw jeans and stay with a 31 for non-raw stuff, and I pre-ordered the last pair of 30's they had on revolve, as they didn't have any 31's left, and am worried a bit that they will be too tight. I'm guessing the resin's probably fit more true to size and don't have all that much stretch in them. I'm particularly curious about this as I've been eyeing up a pair of RB15's from the denim bar, and don't want to miss out on a good deal if the 5ep's most likely aren't going to fit anyway. Thanks!

6. xchen

xchen Senior member

One more: can someone send me in the direction of some extremely light weight shirts or sweaters (U-neck?). Think Rick Owens, Ann D on a budget. Looking to add some textured layering pieces to my wardrobe.

Try B. Son.

7. blank

blank Senior member

I just bought, surprisingly, for the first time, an RL Custom-Fit Polo shirt. Classic blue, red pony. It fits perfectly. How do I ensure that it doesn't shrink?

Also note that I don't do my own laundry, I drop it off. I could drop it off at the same place that washes my shirts.

But since this is such a popular item, I'm wondering if someone specifically has a trick

8. Tonybag0dohnutz

Tonybag0dohnutz Senior member

I just bought, surprisingly, for the first time, an RL Custom-Fit Polo shirt. Classic blue, red pony. It fits perfectly. How do I ensure that it doesn't shrink?

Also note that I don't do my own laundry, I drop it off. I could drop it off at the same place that washes my shirts.

But since this is such a popular item, I'm wondering if someone specifically has a trick

Wash cold and hang dry.

9. jufros

jufros Senior member

Try B. Son.

anywhere to cop small b.son tees these days?

10. xchen

xchen Senior member

11. jufros

jufros Senior member

haha gracias. I was just looking to avoid the dreaded brigade shop and totally forgot about context.

12. xchen

xchen Senior member

You could also try calling Karissa over at Peasant. She might be able to order some shirts for you. And watch what you say about the Brigade shop, Justin Hustle might get in here and start cappin' people.

13. Gewehr

Gewehr Senior member

Should I buy (Right now) spring or winter clothing?
    Thanks.

14. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Depends. A lot of f/w stuff is on sale right now making it easier to buy. Not all brands have their s/s out yet, plus it's going to be full priced, but at this point (depending where you live) you might get future use out of it. There's techinically still another 2 months of chilly weather though. I like buying stuff on sale though.

15. asobu

asobu Senior member

Yeah, I'm picking up a lot of winter stuff on sale now but it all depends where you live. I'm gonna be able to use until april at least, probably.

16. randomtw

randomtw Senior member

is it possible to still find the w+h fleece cardigan?

17. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

how's the rb14a compare in fit against an ES fulton? I would be getting size 36.

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Anyone know of a good matte black skinny jeans besides cheap monday? I can't find anyone selling the cloak ones at the moment and i don't know of any julian red darkdancers in my size. Those were the two i was most interested in. Any other options? I kinda like the nudie tfbc but i don't want a jean with a shine like that. I was in the process of finding a pair of acne max cash but do those have a shine to them as well? I can't tell from pics.

Acne don't have a shine. Other good choices would be Levi 514 (maybe not skinny enough) and April77. Number (N)ine and Rick owens (Drkshdw) might also have what you're looking for. Dior did some matte black jeans and so did Lad Musician. The list is pretty much endless.

19. totally epic

totally epic Senior member

chrono - I overdyed my grey Skulls 5010XX black and it turned out awesome. Very matte looking. Pics tomorrow in natural light.

20. Gewehr

Gewehr Senior member

Depends. A lot of f/w stuff is on sale right now making it easier to buy. Not all brands have their s/s out yet, plus it's going to be full priced, but at this point (depending where you live) you might get future use out of it. There's techinically still another 2 months of chilly weather though. I like buying stuff on sale though.
    Yeah, I'm picking up a lot of winter stuff on sale now but it all depends where you live. I'm gonna be able to use until april at least, probably.
    I live in Tijuana BC =P So if I find winter clothing at low prices I'll buy it, but better wait until spring clothing lowers it's price? Most of my clothing is bought in the US, JcPenney mostly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.