1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rusholme

rusholme Member

i've got a newbie question.

are raw black jeans really black?? why do they look so dark blue in the pictures? flash/monitor effect? or is this a denim thing i dont know about? call me dumb, but gimme an answer please.

help a sister out!
    thanks

2. Tippidy

Tippidy New Member

Quick question about sizing on Nudies. I've read general consensus is to size down 1 on Reg Ralfs, but this is my first pair of raw denim. I used to buy Express Jeans at 32/32 and my waist measures 33. Would it be safe to say I can order the nudies in 32/32? I want the waist to be snug, not too loose(obviously tightness at first is fine). Also, I don't want to cuff them or anything but I'm afraid of the length shrinking too much so should I go with 32/34? Thanks.

I'd probably get a waist size of 31. My waist measures a 32.5 and I love the fit on my size 30 Regular Ralfs. Inseem length is a personal choice based on how you want your jeans to look/stack, but shrinking shouldn't be a huge worry.

3. BennyB501

BennyB501 Member

Anybody know what these shoes are, or where to get them?

[​IMG]

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

What is "slub" and what does "slubby" mean in relation to describing denim?

physical texture of the denim. PBJs are probably the slubbiest and if you handle a pair in real life, it almost feels like a burlap sack. the material is very 3-dimensional

5. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

newb question but

are there any stores in california that sell pbj's or samurai's or do i have to order online if i can't travel to japan or ny

6. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

are there any stores in california that sell pbj's or samurai's

Nope. Self Edge stocked Samurai for a short time, but no longer do. PBJ has always been Blue in Green exclusive.

7. ny0825

ny0825 Member

No love for my quick question!!![​IMG]

8. robin

robin Senior member

No love for my quick question!!![​IMG]
    Are you in NY, as your handle would indicate? Check out any sales going on. Paul Smith and Alden come to mind, for brands that you might want to check out. Also, Zappos and Endless have some nice Tricker's for Ted Baker on sale right now too.

9. ny0825

ny0825 Member

10. jgu

jgu Well-Known Member

I'm looking for this APC shoe in black. Any one know where I can find the exact style but in black?

11. j

j Senior member Admin

Link's not working for me.

12. jgu

jgu Well-Known Member

Works fine for me. I'm referring to last year's APC patent leather derbies. I like this Alden Shell Cordovan, this might work with jeans and suits. I like the APC more rounded toe, its a nice change, I have enough pointy toed shoes.

13. Mbogo

Mbogo Senior member

physical texture of the denim. PBJs are probably the slubbiest and if you handle a pair in real life, it almost feels like a burlap sack. the material is very 3-dimensional

Thanks, Jason. I appreciate the help.

David

14. corbu

corbu Senior member

i searched the forum, but couldn't find my answer... are 5ep LDB rigid/raw sanforized? thanks [​IMG]

15. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Senior member

i searched the forum, but couldn't find my answer...

are 5ep LDB rigid/raw sanforized?

thanks [​IMG]

Yes, I believe they are.

16. corbu

corbu Senior member

Yes, I believe they are.

great. thanks

17. robbie

robbie Senior member

I am curious as to what the general consensus is on stacking? How much is too much? I am seriously considering picking up some 13MwZ's and want to take advantage of the xl inseams. I was just looking to get a few opinions.

thanks kindly,
    robbie

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

Generally depends on the hem width

19. xchen

xchen Senior member

I think it looks good with slim fitting jeans. But then again I think baggy jeans, espcially on more trim guys, usually don't look that great. IMO long inseams look great and I am eager for my next pair to be extra long.

20. jufros

jufros Senior member

been asked a billion times before I'm sure, but is chuck and purcell sizing identical?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.