1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Empire, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

anyone know what brand of shirt sawyer wears on lost?
    they all seem to have snap on buttons

Can you post an example photo? all the images I could find were button-front, not snap button.

2. parker2k6

parker2k6 Member

3. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

I recently got my pair of 5EP LDB deadstocks in resin and didn't really like the fit all that much, so I sold them to a friend. Anyway, I loved the color/texture of the resins, and my question is what brands have something that might be similar? I'm looking into rag and bone and maybe a few others, but would prefer One Wash or something similar, rather than raw. Im mainly looking for a lower rise and something available in a shorter inseam (30), regular fit and slight bootcut or a true straight leg (basically just not too slim below the knee). I know this may be somewhat particular, but jeans that match even just a similar wash would be helpful. Thanks for any help

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I recently got my pair of 5EP LDB deadstocks in resin and didn't really like the fit all that much, so I sold them to a friend. Anyway, I loved the color/texture of the resins, and my question is what brands have something that might be similar? I'm looking into rag and bone and maybe a few others, but would prefer One Wash or something similar, rather than raw. Im mainly looking for a lower rise and something available in a shorter inseam (30), regular fit and slight bootcut or a true straight leg (basically just not too slim below the knee). I know this may be somewhat particular, but jeans that match even just a similar wash would be helpful. Thanks for any help

Hmm... you are not going to find anything in a similar looking denim. 5EP uses denim dyed and woven specifically for them, and it is proprietary. The only other brand that has a similar denim is R by 45RPM, and none of their their models actually looks *that* close to the denim and cut combination that you want. There will be a slim straight leg 5EP for Styleforum jean, but the inseam will be 34" (though the jeans can easily be hemmed because they are a true straight leg), and the jeans will be slimmer in the seat, thighs and leg than the 5EP LDB. Sorry for not being more helpful. I guess that the Kicking Mule 1950 or 2010 is the closest you are going to get in terms of cut. And the denim is quite nice, though not anywhere as complex or dark as the 5EP denim.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Your description doesn't sound inconsistent with the LDB, I'm not sure whats wrong?

6. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Exactly, that is why I got them. My true waist is around a 29, but I often get 28 waist because 29 or 30 waist is often too baggy for my liking. Sometimes 28 fits fine and other times it's really tight (almost unable to button), which is what the 5EPs were, most likely due to the higher rise. Anyway, I'll keep looking around

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Exactly, that is why I got them. My true waist is around a 29, but I often get 28 waist because 29 or 30 waist is often too baggy for my liking. Sometimes 28 fits fine and other times it's really tight (almost unable to button), which is what the 5EPs were, most likely due to the higher rise. Anyway, I'll keep looking around

Yeah, you probably should have gotten your true waist in the one-wash 5EP because they are pretty TTS... you could always try to get them in 29.

8. outty

outty New Member

Whats the difference bettwen 'wings and horns' and W+H.. or is it the same thing?
    and along the same lines.. what kind of cotton do they use and where in BC is in manufactured?

thanks

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Whats the difference bettwen 'wings and horns' and W+H.. or is it the same thing?
    and along the same lines.. what kind of cotton do they use and where in BC is in manufactured?

thanks

what kind of cotton, as in the location of harvesting? I'm not sure, but they typically use fleece (not terry or rib) for their sweats.

W+H and Wings & Horns are by the same design team, but W+H is more minimalist - no prints or extraneous details, just fabric cut&sew. Wings & Horns is for printed gear.

10. j

j Senior member Admin

11. FxCMYfOB

FxCMYfOB New Member

do you think it is worth it for me to order samurai jeans off of a japanese proxy for about $20 dollars more than it would be at BiG, the only difference is that i get to keep the arcuates and red tab. also. does anyone know the usual shipping cost from a japanese proxy and the shipping cost from BiG>

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

do you think it is worth it for me to order samurai jeans off of a japanese proxy for about $20 dollars more than it would be at BiG, the only difference is that i get to keep the arcuates and red tab. also. does anyone know the usual shipping cost from a japanese proxy and the shipping cost from BiG>

That's entirely up to you. Is the red tab and arcuate worth $20 to you?

If it was me, I'd go with BiG. But it's not, it's up to you.

13. j

j Senior member Admin

I'd do it just as a personal [​IMG] to Levi's for threatening our friendly denim suppliers, but maybe that's just me....

14. checkermate

checkermate Member

What color hoodies would match with dark / dry denims?

15. j

j Senior member Admin

What color hoodies would match with dark / dry denims?
    Pretty much anything but dark navy blue or dark purple.

In general, wearing a shirt/top that is almost the same color as your pants is frowned upon. Wearing a shirt the same color but of a different fabric (except maybe black or white) is also not a good idea.

16. Bakes

Bakes Senior member

Stupidly attempted a quick spot clean on my APCs whilst hammered (of course on my crotch). Do these look really bad or should I just shut up and keep wearing them? Anything I can do to make it better? Any input would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

17. blank

blank Senior member

So it's almost 3 months (2 months and 24 days) and I'm going to wash my 5EP LDB Resin's. Since they are not raw, they are going to get washed more often. I've abandoned the 'treat my jeans like gold' theory and will be throwing them in the dorm washer, on delicate, and let the spin cycle run. They're freaking jeans.

Only thing: they are cuffed right now, and I do not like that. After the wash, I want to get them hemmed. Should I wash on cold or warm? Will cold shrink the inseam? I know warm will. I'm indifferent about have them shortened via shrink or hem, just want them to get there.

Basically, the pros/cons of cold v. warm wash on the resins.

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Stupidly attempted a quick spot clean on my APCs whilst hammered (of course on my crotch). Do these look really bad or should I just shut up and keep wearing them? Anything I can do to make it better? Any input would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

I would say STFU and keep wearing them. They are jeans.

19. checkermate

checkermate Member

Are there any other online stores that carry Oak NYC styled clothing and brands like surface to air and band of outsiders?

20. adversity04

adversity04 Senior member

Does anyone know of any stores that would carry quality denim in Rochester, NY? I'd like to try some on in person before I pull the trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.