1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ok what the f*** is happening

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by AR_Six, Jul 6, 2011.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

No, none. I also haven't been in outer space. It's all very perplexing. The triage nurse seemed perplexed as well. I still think I'm wasting my time here, but what the hey.

Man are they gonna bug out when I tell them the only medical I.D I had on hand is a care card from 1991. In retrospect leaving my medical insurance card in my office wasn't a great call.

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Calgary. Hospital's like 15 blocks so no big.

You live in Canada, the hospital is free... just go.

3. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I did, I'm here. And free or nearly free it's a hassle and a half, you don't just walk in and grab the nearest guy with a stethoscope.

I just want some sleep, this is annoying.

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I did, I'm here. And free or nearly free it's a hassle and a half, you don't just walk in and grab the nearest guy with a stethoscope.

I just want some sleep, this is annoying.

I know, I haz Canadian passport.

5. whodini

whodini Senior member

A friend passed out in college because she had been carrying a huge cyst that turned out to be the twin sister that never was. When they cut it out of her, it was about the size of her fist and had bits of hair and teeth and other fleshy material in it. Maybe that's what you have. If so, please post a picture (NSFW, of course).
    Thanks, House, but that (either a teratoma or a dermoid cyst) is relatively more common in women than men and it wouldn't present itself overnight.

I won't sit here going through differentials but it's odd that you have no other symptoms besides a feeling of being sunburned.

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

A friend passed out in college because she had been carrying a huge cyst that turned out to be the twin sister that never was. When they cut it out of her, it was about the size of her fist and had bits of hair and teeth and other fleshy material in it. Maybe that's what you have. If so, please post a picture (NSFW, of course).

YOU post those pics

8. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

Just googled "parasitic twin". WOW.

9. roryben

roryben Senior member

+1 on the pics

can't wait to see how this turns out

10. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

I'm alive. Turns out it was the sunburn, and apparently me going to the gym last night somehow exarcerbated it. It's already gone down a lot and should be gone in the next couple of days. Practical upshot: no alien.

11. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Senior member

Disappointing reality: no alien.

FTFY

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

FTFY
    +1

13. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Calgary. Hospital's like 15 blocks so no big.

Look here Canada boy, you gave up freedom and capitalism to be able to go to the doctor whenever you want. You damn well better take advantage of it.

14. Benzito

Benzito Senior member

I'm alive. Turns out it was the sunburn, and apparently me going to the gym last night somehow exarcerbated it. It's already gone down a lot and should be gone in the next couple of days. Practical upshot: no alien.

This is such bullshit. Get us all amped up about a possible serious injury when all you needed was SPF 45.

15. HotlantaHoward

HotlantaHoward Senior member

Since when does a sunburn cause a football to grow in your sternum??

16. Nil

Nil Senior member

He's Canadian, perhaps they don't react the same way to the sun way up there.

17. RSS

RSS Senior member

This is news to me as well.

Football size, eh? Was it as big as one of the breasts in munchausen's avatar?

18. whodini

whodini Senior member

He's Canadian, perhaps they don't react the same way to the sun way up there.
    LOL. I'm surprised no one's made a "just what exactly is a 'football' to you, hoser" joke yet.

19. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

20. The Upright Man

The Upright Man Senior member

Thanks, House, but that (either a teratoma or a dermoid cyst) is relatively more common in women than men and it wouldn't present itself overnight.

I won't sit here going through differentials but it's odd that you have no other symptoms besides a feeling of being sunburned.

What a condescending comment, House.

"I won't sit here going through differentials..." God that's pathetic. [​IMG]