OK to sleep in denim?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by corbu, Jul 27, 2006.

1. corbu

corbu Senior member

I just bought a pair of 501XX to just try out the dry denim thing (that, and I'm a broke college student [​IMG] ). So far, I've got them feeling pretty soft (or I've just adjusted) and creases are definately starting to form and weather.

However, I dont get to wear them enough (I work in an office that does not allow jeans). Would wearing them at night cause any problems? I want to speed up the wearing as fast as I can. Dark, uniform colored jeans just arent my thing.

2. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior member

It won't cause any problems, except being uncomfortable and maybe lightly staining your sheets. Do you bike or skate? I suck ass at skating, but I go out there to get some exercise and wear on my jeans. A couple of people have been talking about jogging in their jeans, but I don't have the balls to face the weird looks that would get.

Shadow boxing, especially if you throw in some knees, is decent too. Or you could do 100 hindu or unweighted squats every night/morning.

3. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I'd imagine you could end up with a lot of unnatural creasing if u slept in your jeans all the time, no?

4. Kewan

Kewan Member

I sleep in my RRDS all the time (actually, pass out in them). It may cause unnatural wear as my right thigh has a lot more fading then my left, oh well.

5. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

You can sleep in denim, I guess, but it's not terribly comfortable.

6. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

I remember reading a post on superfuture about someone sleeping in their (tight, I believe) jeans, which somehow twisted one of his testicles so that it swelled up. Presumably, some sort of medical attention was necessary. I cannot attest to the veracity of this story, but it has made me think twice about it. I've tried it because sometimes I was too exhausted to take them off; my legs always overheated, and the fading doesn't develop the same way as with normal wear.

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I'd imagine you could end up with a lot of unnatural creasing if u slept in your jeans all the time, no?
    How's it unnatural? Anyway, speaking as someone who's done it more than a few times in the last month, it sucks, but like any clothes, no one's going to stop you. It does help get creases set, but I'd be surprised if it actually caused any substantial wear.
    I remember reading a post on superfuture about someone sleeping in their (tight, I believe) jeans, which somehow twisted one of his testicles so that it swelled up. Presumably, some sort of medical attention was necessary. I cannot attest to the veracity of this story, but it has made me think twice about it. I've tried it because sometimes I was too exhausted to take them off; my legs always overheated, and the fading doesn't develop the same way as with normal wear.
    I think the moral of the story here is not to wear jeans tight enough to emperil your testicles. Sleeping in jeans will never be comfortable as long as they are jeans, but it's not like you can't do it.

8. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

I recommend patience rather than putting your nuts at risk.

9. kronik

kronik Senior member

Non-distressed nuts > distressed denim.

10. Babar

Babar Senior member

I just bought a pair of 501XX to just try out the dry denim thing (that, and I'm a broke college student [​IMG] ). So far, I've got them feeling pretty soft (or I've just adjusted) and creases are definately starting to form and weather. However, I dont get to wear them enough (I work in an office that does not allow jeans). Would wearing them at night cause any problems? I want to speed up the wearing as fast as I can. Dark, uniform colored jeans just arent my thing.
    Then I'd suggest just getting a different pair of jeans, or perhaps do some normal activity that speeds up the fading, like bicycling. To actually sleep with ones jeans on has got to be the most extreme case of fashion victim-ness I've heard in a long time.

11. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I remember reading a post on superfuture about someone sleeping in their (tight, I believe) jeans, which somehow twisted one of his testicles so that it swelled up. Presumably, some sort of medical attention was necessary. I cannot attest to the veracity of this story, but it has made me think twice about it.
    hahaha! I posted that--------it happened to my friend whilst on tour. His jeans were tight, though. maybe you'd be okay if you wear your jeans loose, but the risk is rather not worth the reward.

12. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

What risk could they're be if they're not tight? They're just pants. I don't recommend it because it sucks, but it's hardly dangerous.

13. PunctualAlex

PunctualAlex Well-Known Member

Then I'd suggest just getting a different pair of jeans, or perhaps do some normal activity that speeds up the fading, like bicycling.

To actually sleep with ones jeans on has got to be the most extreme case of fashion victim-ness I've heard in a long time.

Does biking really speed up the fading? I know your legs rub, but I only spend 10 minutes biking somewhere instead of a half-hour walking there... maybe if I had time for joyriding instead of just commuting...
    Sorry if this is a derail but I'd love more info on this bikes = fades thing...

14. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

15. mizanation

mizanation Senior member

hahaha! I posted that--------it happened to my friend whilst on tour. His jeans were tight, though. maybe you'd be okay if you wear your jeans loose, but the risk is rather not worth the reward.

when your on tour, there are many reasons why your testicles might swell up. sleeping with jeans is usually the least likely of these reasons... [​IMG]