Ok... this is getting ridiculous... I just want a nice looking pair of boots.. WITHOUT being complet

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by replicat0r, Oct 24, 2011.

1. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

I am desperate.. i need to buy a pair of boots soon. my current shoes have like holes on multiple locations and every time it rains, it really sucks =(

I have lurked and checked out alot of the shoe forum/discussions, and it seems like i cant get a pair of nice looking laced up boots that isnt CRAP without droping like $400-600 dollars.. like buttero F+B etc..

looking for something like these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Laced up, kinda military so i can do the tuck in it.. in dark color preferably, low profile toebox and a nice silhouette.

the only boots that came up are allSaints, which apparently is crap in quality and overpriced. steve madden.. same deal, timberland.. well you get the idea.

my budget is around 300... I mean i dont want something that will last me a LIFETIME.. but couple of years will do fine... please help!!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011

2. HEARTLESS-531

HEARTLESS-531 Senior member

Dude, I'm as cheap as you are. I spent $300 on a pair of used Aldens. I want to sleep in them I love them that much. I wear them everywhere, even with sportcoats. You want to blouse your boots? Cool. JOIN THE FUCKING MARINE CORPS.

If you've been lurking, you should find some good deals by now. By the best, and as one of our members says - I think its Fidel Cashflow - and you only cry once. How true! Good luck

3. Phiberglass

Phiberglass Senior member

I'm in the same boat. Thinking about just dropping $400 on Dayton service boots.

What boots are those in your first image?

4. replicat0r

thats my problem.... my original budget was 200.. n i was told that i wont be getting amything decent for that price.. so it was blown up to 300.... if i blow it up to 400... then 500.. where do i stop???

those r some nice looking boots btw!!

well i dont want to have 10' top.. i just want to have that look.. like this...

, like the tucked jean look in this trailer.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

paul smith on ebay/B&S/store at sale time

6. philie

philie Senior member

how about chippewa, wolverine or red wings?

7. replicat0r

the picture of the first one is Buttero from a couple years back

also.. I am from canada.. so i cant buy from must of the sites from states... without losing an arm and leg to shipping/custom charges

I have checked out redwing extensively.. i know they are very well made and are about my price range.. but they are have a fatter toe box

the only one that are promising are the 214's or

[​IMG]

the 877's

[​IMG]

the high sole bothers me a bit

the 8114

[​IMG]

another thing with redwings are the books are really uncomfortable to wear at first but i believe they do break in nicely. so yea...

there will be an redwing event tmr at my local brooks brothers where they will have all the models. so i think ill check it out and see.

8. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

This.

Just get on ebay and find a lightly used pair of whatever you're looking for, eat the shipping costs, and cry once. If you take care of them, when it comes time to re-sell them for something else, you will get more of your money back than if you had bought a cheaper pair of boots.

9. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

Uh Oh

10. NormanF

NormanF Senior member

You pay what you get for. A good pair of boots should last for decades. They can outlast you - so when you drop a small fortune on them, you're buying with the expectation they will last a long time. Nearly all my boots still look like new.

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

If the OP did some research, he'd realize that $3-400 is the expected average for good boots. Higher than that and you're getting some of the top boot makers like Alden. So few hundred past $400 and you've essentially hit the roof. It's not that far off from jeans where $2-300 is about what you'd expect to pay for something that isn't crap.

It's the tired noobie question of "Where can I get A that isn't as shitty as B but priced like B?"

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I wish.

13. Lel

Lel Senior member

$300 can easily get you some F&B, Butteros, or Paul Smiths off B&S.

14. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

It's like anything else. You reach a point where you're paying for luxury (name, special materials, limited nature, etc.) more than function. First day at SF?