• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, seriously; ENOUGH with the shoegazing!

Surfrider

Reaction score
Oh, for the love of god, people! Standing on the outer edges of your soles, hands tucked into your pockets, shoulders slightly shrugged, and staring at your shoes (or at the shoes of somebody immediately off-camera) does not, I repeat, does NOT make you look cool or deep in a brooding sort of way. And even if it did, who the hell are you trying to impress, anyway? There's only, like, three chicks that read this board, remember?! And they're all over the age of 15, so "deep and brooding" won't work anyway!
rolleyes.gif
I love this board, and the WAYW-type threads (and the "OMG! Look at what just came in the mail!
bounce2.gif
" threads), but holy crap you guys; some of you are such dorks when in front of your own cameras. That is all. Carry on.
smile.gif

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If this is an attempt to describe RyeGB's pose I have a feeling someone is about to get pwned in the ways of the interweb.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Calm down. Your complaining makes you a bigger dipshit than the people posting the pictures that you are whining about. Quit bitching or shut up.

edit: Do you work for GlamourShots or something?

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Calm down. Your complaining makes you a bigger dipshit than the people posting the pictures that you are whining about. Quit bitching or shut up. edit: Do you work for GlamourShots or something?
Dude, *you* calm down. It's a joke, hence the *multiple* smilies. Man, how long has that stick been up there, anyway?
biggrin.gif
PS: The final smiley above was a further indicator of my lightheartedness. I thought I should mention that in case, you know, you didn't get it this time either.
Originally Posted by xchen
If this is an attempt to describe RyeGB's pose I have a feeling someone is about to get pwned in the ways of the interweb.
Sorry, but I don't know who that is.
frown.gif
I just started lurking here ~2 months ago, so I've yet to learn any names, so no, I wasn't thinking of anybody in particular. But look at the WAYW threads; there's a bunch of goobers that do the emo kid pose. A couple of them, I think, do it with mocking/ironic intent, but most of 'em are like overgrown highschool sophomores. heh Good times, though.
smile.gif

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought this thread was gonna be about My Bloody Valentine.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
I thought this thread was gonna be about My Bloody Valentine.

Love the Jaguar, man. Post that *********** "What Are You Wearing and Playing Now" thread. I think whoweenie started one a while ago.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Surfrider
Dude, *you* calm down. It's a joke, hence the *multiple* smilies. Man, how long has that stick been up there, anyway?
biggrin.gif

PS: The final smiley above was a further indicator of my lightheartedness. I thought I should help you out with that one in case, you know, you didn't get it this time either.

Sorry, but I don't know who that is.
frown.gif
I just started lurking here ~2 months ago, so I've yet to learn any names.

Thanks for the further editing! I guess that super joke just sailed straight over my head! I never would have understood any of it if you hadn't held my hand through the whole process of delving into the depths of your next-level sarcasm.

I got it the first time and I still think your a dipshit that makes stupid jokes. Smilies don't make the words hurt any less!

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Thanks for the further editing! I guess that super joke just sailed straight over my head! I never would have understood any of it if you hadn't held my hand through the whole process of delving into the depths of your next-level sarcasm. I got it the first time and I still think your a dipshit that makes stupid jokes. Smilies don't make the words hurt any less!
Awww muffin, I'm sorry. Would some cookies, and a nice big glass of milk make it all better? Maybe I can find your binky for you...?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
Love the Jaguar, man. Post that *********** "What Are You Wearing and Playing Now" thread. I think whoweenie started one a while ago.

Thanks! I don't see that thread so I'll post a pic here:
jaguar2009.jpg

jkennett

Reaction score
The sense of humor is just crap honestly. The joke about sandals in San Diego just earned an eye roll, but creating this thread is just tasteless. Post your own fits and do it the way you want everyone else doing it instead of criticizing the few people who do not blur their faces out.

Insulting people whom you don't know and then passing it off as a joke is just really immature. This definitely is not the way to gain credibility with the members on this forum, but I guess it did succeed if it was a cry for attention.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
drool.gif
That is a nice guitar.

Thanks! Ironically the reason I have this guitar is because of the song, 'Surf Rider' by The Lively Ones after hearing it in Pulp Fiction.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the song "This ain't a Surfin' Movie" by Minus the Bear. I'm amazed at their ability to keep time sometimes.

Surfrider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
Post your own fits and do it the way you want everyone else doing it instead of criticizing the few people who do not blur their faces out.
Oh don't get me wrong; a few of the shoe-gazers I had in mind have some of the coolest clothes in the place, and are able to pull off stuff I can't even dream of. But that aside, come on!, the "emo kid pose" looks a little silly on a twenty-something, killer threads or not.

Insulting people whom you don't know and then passing it off as a joke is just really immature.
If a person can't laugh at themselves, or take a little good-natured ribbing, then they seriously need to lighten up. For christ's sake man, I was just playing.

JHC, some of you guys are catty. Lesson learned; don't tease anybody lest you suffer their wrathful indignation. GD. I won't be making *this* mistake again. :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads