• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ok, I give up: Why is Kiton so expensive?

JensenH

Reaction score

Because theyr Brand stands for Luxury and Craftmansship !
For example Suits start at about 4500 and those who are tailored for you enter at about 8500 and go up to 50`000 for the K50`s

If you know about Suits, Kiton is something to admire and like a dream to get one :)

Also, if one wants vicuna, Kiton is the only one that makes S.C. with that fabric AFAIK.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni, LP and even Caruso do Vicuña as well. Definitely not just Kiton.

I saw a Lanvin (made by Caruso) 100% Vicuña SC for $20k.

JensenH

Reaction score
LP sells vicuna cloth, I wasn't aware that they make S.C. with it. As for vicuna S.C made by Brioni, Caruso and Lanvin, I have not seen those in stores. The 2 vicuna (blended with cashmere) S.C. that I own are both Kiton.

Last edited:

John Amiri

Reaction score
I was in the Kiton store in Hong Kong and looked at a pair of grey wool trousers. They were nice but no better than the Zegna pair I already have in the same colour. They were 1200 Euro. The lady tried to convince me to try them on . I told her it's a waste of time because I have no intention of paying that price for them. I said I will wait for the sales. Quite haughtily she said "sir we do not have sales" . Very funny

rgr555

Reaction score
i have a friend worth over $200M. about 10% of his interest alone would make it impossible to spend on just clothes. brands like Kiton are for the rich who don't even care but just want the highest quality.

i question more about why people worth that much don't live in more extravagant homes/apartments and have fleets of supercars

Rixon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have a friend worth over $200M. about 10% of his interest alone would make it impossible to spend on just clothes. brands like Kiton are for the rich who don't even care but just want the highest quality.

i question more about why people worth that much don't live in more extravagant homes/apartments and have fleets of supercars

I’ve been reading through some posts and felt I could answer this for any future readers.

I have a few friends and friendly acquaintances who are certainly capable of living in extravagance. The reason they don’t, I find, is that the process of getting there humbled them beyond reason and what they tend to value is more community and intrinsic qualities. Not to say they won’t have their hobbies, like hifi systems, a nice vehicle, or some pet startup. The ones with nice clothing either have the natural interest and would do it regardless or they buy high-end because they need/want to look nice, but do not have the time to do all the research in the world to discern for themselves. If you’re the CEO of say an oil and gas conglomerate, outside family you don’t really get time to read forums. If anything, they may be lucky to have an informed friend or colleague who lends the advice.

styleforumfan

Reaction score
I was in the Kiton store in Hong Kong and looked at a pair of grey wool trousers. They were nice but no better than the Zegna pair I already have in the same colour. They were 1200 Euro. The lady tried to convince me to try them on . I told her it's a waste of time because I have no intention of paying that price for them. I said I will wait for the sales. Quite haughtily she said "sir we do not have sales" . Very funny

Just picked up a few pieces on sale at Mr P to see what the fuss is all about. :p

Johnny80

Reaction score
WHY IS KITON SO EXPENSIVE?
Because is not Hugo Boss
If you like the neapolitan fit, there is no better place , go Kiton RTW if you are lucky with your body shape/measurements or go bespoke if you are not that lucky. On bespoke your imagination is the limit from what you can ask, and the pattern and the fabric
If you like more straight roman style , Brioni still does things great , but again if you like that style/cut
If you like something in between neapolitan and roman cut you really cannot go wrong with Attolini. I even recomand if you like that roman style/english cut to go on Attolini, because Attolini and Kiton are on top of Brioni these days

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads