• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK I am an Apple fan, but this sucks....

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Apple should get some cred for fixing this. An entirely cosmetic "defect" with absolutely no affect on processor operation. People going apeshit. And Apple says, "yep, we screwed up. Here's a new case." That is decent of them.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I think Apple should get some cred for fixing this. An entirely cosmetic "defect" with absolutely no affect on processor operation. People going apeshit. And Apple says, "yep, we screwed up. Here's a new case." That is decent of them.

I doubt they're doing this out of their own good little heart. The propect of a class action combined with the potential loss of business was probably the main motivation. You wouldn't go apeshit after you've paid 1500 bucks for a white laptop and the thing gets yellowed up after a few weeks?

Apple originally claimed that the issue was a result of improper handling by MacBook owners, but later admitted that a problem with the plastics used in some models of the white MacBooks caused the discoloration, according to Softpedia.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Yeah, kudos to Apple for fixing a major aesthetic defect with their product after a significant stink was raised by thousands of pissed off customers and several months of denial and unofficial "go F yourselves" by the company. Glad to see that they've finally decided to be decent human beings about it. Not to say that Dell's product is superior or anything, (I won't open up that bag of worms) but if this was a Dell laptop, I'll be damned if after waiting on hold for half an hour to talk to a human being, they wouldnt UPS you a new laptop or case with return postage paid for your old one no questions asked. That is why they continue to sell PC's when its fairly apparent that their product is in many ways inferior (even to other products in its general class) A major reason (if not THE major reason) many people buy apple computers is because they are small and sleek and shiny white, and after three weeks of use, your computer looks like this:
mbstains.jpg
you'd think that people would have the right to "go apeshit". Especially if Apple shuts down discussions about it and refuses to do anything for you until they deem that its too detrimental to their bottom line to ignore it. Its not like it was a minor spot or two of discoloration in a small and unnoticable area. The whole point of buying into the apple "image" kind of gets thrown out the window when you are ashamed to open the thing up when other people might see how gross it is inside. Kind of interesting that the R&D department didn't pick up on this when they were testing out their products... oh wait... they rushed these things out on the market with whining fans, swelling batteries, and overheating issues. Maybe R&D is on vacation. Or Apple doesn't really care, since most of their profit these days comes from iPods and iTunes downloads anyways.
smile.gif
I bet you were waiting for that...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
On my Dell laptop, I've used the thing so often for so long (with no significant problems) that my wrists and fingers polished the wrist area, the middle of the touchpad and the buttons there, and a lot of the keys to a mirror shine. For the wrist area, I taped down two couch-leather samples I was given at Design Within Reach for my wrists to rest on. It made it much comfier in there for long hacking sessions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads