OK I am an Apple fan, but this sucks....

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Matt, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Matt

Matt [email protected]

i think i mostly hate the fact that when brought up on their own fora, they locked the topic. that sucks.

Slim, go your hardest, Im on your side this time.

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

Just another business decision. Nothing new.

3. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

This is why it's good to wait for the 2nd gen of any new hardware. You knew there had to be *something*

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Whats really funny is that this isn't even a new problem. Macs have been discoloring for YEARS.
    Apple has been denying that there are problems with their products for YEARS. They have been shutting people up with dissenting opinions for YEARS...

Where have you guys been?

5. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Discoloring? Years? Umm...

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Oh, Mapple. [​IMG]

Jon.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

they should put a warning on Macs geared towards asian purchasers

8. Matt

Matt [email protected]

[​IMG]

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Yeah, Apple has put the lockdown on a bunch of discussion of their business practices and problems with their products. One notable case involved an Apple tech on Livejournal who spilled his guts on how badly they rip people off as a matter of course and policy. IIRC Apple threatened to sue Livejournal, got the blog shut down, found out who the guy was and fired him.

And you thought Microsoft was evil... check how many "MS sucks" websites are out there. They don't care.

10. tommib

tommib Senior member

Yeah, Apple has put the lockdown on a bunch of discussion of their business practices and problems with their products. One notable case involved an Apple tech on Livejournal who spilled his guts on how badly they rip people off as a matter of course and policy. IIRC Apple threatened to sue Livejournal, got the blog shut down, found out who the guy was and fired him.

And you thought Microsoft was evil... check how many "MS sucks" websites are out there. They don't care.

But everything we pay money for is a rip off anyway. I bet the majority of customers who've bought a Mac and love it don't feel as cheated as if they had bought a crummy Windows machine instead.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

But everything we pay money for is a rip off anyway. I bet the majority of customers who've bought a Mac and love it don't feel as cheated as if they had bought a crummy Windows machine instead.

Perception is a powerful tool.

Jon.

12. metaphysician

metaphysician Senior member

Whats really funny is that this isn't even a new problem. Macs have been discoloring for YEARS.
    Apple has been denying that there are problems with their products for YEARS. They have been shutting people up with dissenting opinions for YEARS...

Where have you guys been?

My PowerBook developed black spots on the metal exactly where my hands rest about a year and a half after I purchased it. This sounds like the exact same problem.

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

OMG! I feel guilty for it but that is too damn funny [​IMG]

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Frankly Jobs would make a more purely evil Bill Gates - actually my nightmare would be comprised of Mapplesoft. If they ever partner closely or merge, it will be the end of the world.

15. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

I have no idea about that, and I don't think that "everything we pay for is a ripoff". I'm talking about the outrageous overcharging for fixing things and installing parts, and not covering known issues under warranty... the ipod battery scandal was a good example. Apple was charging like 4x what the battery cost just because they could.

Windows support people can't get away with that stuff as easily because Windows boxes and parts are subject to the free market. Apple is a controlled economy. It's a commie computer! What are you, a damn commie? [​IMG]