• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ohio State v. Michigan--11/22

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
November 22nd marks the 105th game between the Michigan Wolverines and the Ohio State Buckeyes. It's going to be tough to maintain "The Greatest Rivalry in Sports" title when one of the teams sucks so much kack.
laugh.gif
Who will win? I'm going to say the Bucks by at least 14.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be fitting if Michigan loses to Toledo and beats Ohio State in the same year. If Michigan can win, everything this year is forgiven.

Ohio State 41-9...

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yaaaaaawwwwnnnn. Wake me when it's over. I'll be watching OU vs. Texas Tech.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman

oh, snap. Go Red Raiders.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman

Yeah, that should be a great game.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
Who cares. Never understood this rivalry.

Two teams throughout history that have been consistently good (except for some odd seasons). Almost always vying for their conference championship. Fighting for the honor of being the best football team in the Midwest.

It's not really any different than any other rivalry.... two teams that've been playing each other forever and want to beat each other.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Two teams throughout history that have been consistently good (except for some odd seasons). Almost always vying for their conference championship. Fighting for the honor of being the best football team in the Midwest.

It's not really any different than any other rivalry.... two teams that've been playing each other forever and want to beat each other.

Two over-rated (at least recently) teams from huge public schools in the midwest in separate states. Doesn't really have any of the hallmarks of a rivalry to me but maybe you have to be from the midwest.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two over-rated (at least recently) teams from huge public schools in the midwest in separate states. Doesn't really have any of the hallmarks of a rivalry to me but maybe you have to be from the midwest.
rolleyes.gif
What does geography have to do with it?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two years ago this game had national title ramifications...by "recently," do you mean since last season?

Search Wikipedia for Bo Schembechler and/or Woody Hayes for more info. There's a history of title contenders being decided in this game.

nate10184

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand the history but to call this "The Greatest Rivalry in Sports" just seems overblown. It's a big conference game every year but so is Texas-OU, Florida-Georgia, etc.

Two years ago the winner got waxed by Florida, last year the winner got waxed by LSU, this year's winner (assuming its OSU) got waxed by USC. That's all I meant by over-rated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads