• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Officine Generale, quality?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve been seeing more and more of this brand popping up at local saks and Barney’s...I know it’s been out for a while now but didn’t see any threads on it when I searched. Wasn’t sure what people’s experience has been. Seems like some nice pieces but haven’t picked any up yet.

Thoughts? Worth the $$?

papillo

Reaction score
I’ve been seeing more and more of this brand popping up at local saks and Barney’s...I know it’s been out for a while now but didn’t see any threads on it when I searched. Wasn’t sure what people’s experience has been. Seems like some nice pieces but haven’t picked any up yet.

Thoughts? Worth the $$?
I have a hoodie from them that feels substantial, seems pretty well built and similar quality to brands in that range (i think its priced similarly to JE). I wouldn't pay full price, but def would pick them up on sale.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One of my favorite brands. I have a couple things, chinos and work shirt, that are nice. I've tried a blazer. Haven't handled the outerwear or knits. I really like his overall vibe. It's kind of "just right" traditional stuff, it's a bit boring (aka not too dandy or exaggerated) and that's fine with me. The price/quality seems to be in the sweet spot of good enough and affordable. Although I've bought it only on Yoox, not at full retail.

edit: a few looks I like. May as well make this the official Officine thread.
_OFF0144.jpg _OFF0195.jpg _OFF0212.jpg ASVOF-FW17-OFFICINE-GENERALE-9.jpg Officine-Generale-Spring-Summer-2016-Menswear-Collection-006.jpg

Last edited:

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I do like the looks. Just ordered a few pairs of the Julian shorts (at discount) and a few camp collar shirts to try out. Agreed the style is a bit subdued but has some nice details and might mix in well with some of the other lines I wear. Just turned 36 and haven’t ever really been in to the more aggressive streetwear style. Most of what I wear now is John Elliott for ‘streetwear’, and some save khaki stuff for basics, so this may fit in nicely.

I was surprised there was a dedicated thread.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have an OCBD from them. Really happy w/it. Has a selvedge look on the inside shirt tail. Not sure if it's really selvedge or faux. But the fabric is thin and really breathable.

bencap

Reaction score
The fabrics are often really nice, while construction seems to be where they cut costs (made in Portugal for most, if not all, of the things I've handled). I had the top button pop off a pair of corduroy pants after wearing them only a couple dozen times. The few shirts I have are great though. It's a brand that I always look for during the sale season.

Artking3

Reaction score
Have a thick zip up charcoal merino sweater that I picked up a few years ago from Mr Porter. One of my favorite sweaters, always seem to take it while traveling, if only to sleep in it on long flights.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 108 34.1%
  • 8”

Votes: 93 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 34 10.7%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.1%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%