• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Officine Creative & NDC Made by Hand shoes - quality?

xcoldricex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yes, they are well constructed. Incidentally, the guy that does the distressing on Carpe Diem boots is working with a new label now (perhaps his own, I don't remember). I don't remember the name, bu
wjk or amk?

gusgusterson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I handled some NDC shoes in person and I really didn't like them. The leather was meh, and the distressing was *way* too much. Consider them the True Religion of footwear. John Varvatos, Martin Margiela and Jil Sander all do shoes in that same price range that are superb quality and aren't distressed to such an annoying level.

I'm not fond of distressed shoes at all really, both the NDC and OC models I liked are atypically conservative for the brand. I'm most at odds with the price point versus my lack of knowledge about the brand. Oh, and the NDC heels are a little large for taste. I think I'll wait for the second markdown to decide.

I really dug the John Varvatos boots on the Fall 06 runway, but I've yet to see them in person. The were sort of Italian countryside work/combat boots if i remember correctly. I used to love Jil Sander shoes, but haven't been so excited by them lately - even the Church's for Jil Sander (or is it the other way round?).

Brian SD

Reaction score
I used to love Jil Sander shoes, but haven't been so excited by them lately - even the Church's for Jil Sander (or is it the other way round?).

It is Church's for Jil Sander. Typically my opinion of Jil Sander is less kind when I'm looking at them, and more kind when I'm wearing them. They look very refined and fit well, even though the designs are generally very plain.

jedwards

Reaction score
I own some NDCs and they are very good quality.

I own the suede light brown ones you can currently see on the website with the laces.

They were originally £250, (approx 500 US$ ) but fortunately I got them much cheaper in the sales!

As for the quality, I think they are perfectly fine. I have a few pairs of 'quality' shoes, made in Italy etc as well as RM Williams. I definitely would say the quality is comparable. They are EXTREMELY comfortable

Whether they stand up to pedantic quality assesments is another matter, but I am happy with them. They are made in Paris/France by hand IIRC

As for the 'look', they are certainly a very European styling so take from that what you will.

They will not look good with the American 'trad' look, which I know a lot of Style Forum people value. So you need the outfit to match the shoes / vice versa, because these NDCs will look odd with the types of clothes I see mentioned most regularly on SF, (particulary the men's section.)

Hope that's helpful! I would defintiely recommend them

Luc-Emmanuel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jedwards
They will not look good with the American 'trad' look, which I know a lot of Style Forum people value. So you need the outfit to match the shoes / vice versa, because these NDCs will look odd with the types of clothes I see mentioned most regularly on SF, (particulary the men's section.)
you're in streetwear.

Anyway, back on topic. Premiata are dress shoes: I wear all my premiata with suits. Barbato are fancy shoes, I wear them with denim or very narrow ankled pants from YSL RG
smile.gif

Both are good quality, as far as shoes in the 300 euros price range go, and their design shines.

!luc

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by faust
I also don't understand people who say NDC are bad quality. One of the best made shoes I've seen. They may not appeal to some people aesthetically, because of the distressing and bending, but quality wise they are top notch.

Some posters here have EXTEMELY high quality standards and apply them uniformly to traditional and more fashion-forward items. Not every shoes has to be a Lobb...

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by faust
I also don't understand people who say NDC are bad quality. One of the best made shoes I've seen. They may not appeal to some people aesthetically, because of the distressing and bending, but quality wise they are top notch.

I got a great NDC shoes, and I´m thinking about getting this ones http://www.thecorner.com/N_D_C__MADE...d10/44161152IX

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think i have those or at least ones very similar. I have Black Rico in Nero wash and then a pair of brown/tan suede laceups. The quality on both is pretty good imo. The leather/suede is nice, the soles, and construction. I mean, they sometimes go for $500 retail which is a lot for any laceups (for me at least) but they can often be found on sale, which is nice.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
I own three pairs of NDC and they are great shoes. good quality and very comfortable.

They seem to be a lot ider known over here in the UK

drunkmonk36

Reaction score
I'm interested in getting a pair of the NDC moccasins..

Can anyone share experience with sizing etc (I've heard they run a little big), and any possible online stores (other than the corner) that stock a reasonable range.

Cheers

gearhead

Reaction score
fever.se has ndc summer 10 shoes for sale
as for sizing, i have no idea

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads