• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official what prescription frames/glasses do you fellars own?

ed1234

Reaction score
Lindberg Spirit 2001 here for regular glasses.

Maui Jim Mauna Loa (prescription lenses) for sunglasses.

John Ellis

Reaction score
I usually get my winks from A. R. Trapp on Madison in NYC. If you have access to the city this is a great eyeglass store. I usually buy the frame there and get the lenses put in by my local lenscrafters or whatever which is going to be best solution for those with some sort of eyeglass plan. The assistants at Trapp are bit quirky but for stylish frames outside the frame (pun intended) they take some beating. There's another store whose name I don't remember more or less next to the Algonquin on 44th which has some slick styles too and my kids go to a place in the west village called ???? anyway he's a French guy on west broadway just south of Houston street. I just bought a couple of frames from Trapp for sunglasses (very sinister a mix of Ari Onassis and Pablo Escobar) and regular eyeglasses (blonde harry potter). Since much remarked upon.
laugh.gif

John Ellis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by John Ellis
I usually get my winks from A. R. Trapp on Madison in NYC. If you have access to the city this is a great eyeglass store. I usually buy the frame there and get the lenses put in by my local lenscrafters or whatever which is going to be best solution for those with some sort of eyeglass plan. The assistants at Trapp are bit quirky but for stylish frames outside the frame (pun intended) they take some beating. There's another store whose name I don't remember more or less next to the Algonquin on 44th which has some slick styles too and my kids go to a place in the west village called ???? anyway he's a French guy on west broadway just south of Houston street. I just bought a couple of frames from Trapp for sunglasses (very sinister a mix of Ari Onassis and Pablo Escobar) and regular eyeglasses (blonde harry potter). Since much remarked upon.
laugh.gif

Trapp's window

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in DC know of a good eyeglass store?

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
used to have silhouette, but got prk surgery a while back so no need anymore
smile.gif

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
http://www.georgetownopticianonline.com/

I got some Mykitas from Georgetown Optical (Dupont Circle) on a visit to D.C.. The frames were all bent up when the glasses were delivered, and then a strange black gunk started to accumulate between the frame and lens. A local optician had to dissemble the whole thing and clean it up. I did think their optometrist did quite a good job on the prescription though.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
alain Mikli

+1

Best glasses I have owned. Build quality & styling.

oceans11

Reaction score
Prada Sunglasses
Ferragamo prescription specs

Prince

Reaction score
I wear Boss eyeglasses:

HB 0040

boss0040.jpg

The black ones with the silver frame. I like them and they are good for whenever I don't wear my contact lenses.

ed1234

Reaction score
Lindberg Spirit Titanium in blue. Expensive, but if you want lightweight glasses there are no better IMO.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cutler & gross vintage frames zeiss lenses

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads