Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

Personally, I am not a very big fan of spending a good chunk of change on cotton suits. Thus, to the extent that this is a bespoke order, I would recommend linen.

I cannot for the life of me find this swatch #, but I found this tan linen carnet number to be rather fetching - has that yellowish wheat look you are looking for:

[​IMG]

2. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior Member

That suit is crazy good, Newcomer. You're right about this being what I'm looking for. Please let me know if you come across that swatch #

Still though, I can't stop looking at the thing to the left on your patch pocket that looks oddly Photoshopped, haha.

3. Newcomer

Newcomer Distinguished Member

That actually is not my suit - although it looks great on sebastian mcfox! This suit was run by NMWA, and I am sure that Greg would be able to provide you with information regarding the fabric. From what I understand, the suit was a linen hopsack, so it was a bit less wrinkle resistant.

4. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior Member

No wonder that suit looks so familiar, NMWA is one of my go to threads. That suit is a good throwback.

5. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior Member

So after so much convincing on here I'm considering and very likely going with the below linen for the suit. So much dislike for linen and I understand why, think they make work a tad better.

0E2536C5-97DC-4827-ACDD-67EAE10DF2FA.jpeg

923E131E-F1FC-4A0A-9138-BED66EB3A4E0.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017 at 6:01 PM

6. brax

brax Senior Member

Not a bad option but I would look at the LL book before deciding on the linen. I have two suits made from LL linen and could not recommend them more strongly.

7. SSBM_Porter

SSBM_Porter New Member

So after some thought, the consensus is a three piece peak lapel suit. So in my lurking I've come up with a couple concerns.

Firstly, regarding MTM or bespoke, both the groom and I are bodybuilders (48" chest, 36" waist), could we still go MTM or is bespoke our only option for something well fitting?
    Secondly, what would we be looking at for a ~$700 budget (not including accessories). Kent Wang? BlackLapel? We're in Boston so it wouldn't be out of the question to take a trip to NYC.

Thanks for your help SF

1000.jpg