Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Dec 31, 2012.

1. deadAngle

deadAngle Senior member

Ideally you would want balmoral or button boots in plain or quarter brogue styles, but regular oxfords should do the trick too. Captoes feel like they'd work a little better on the boots than the oxfords, but you should be all right.

2. The Millennial Gentleman

The Millennial Gentleman Well-Known Member

Judging by the website, I would think you to be somewhere near India? In that case, hand accessories might indeed be on the rise/norm as they usually signify high class or royalty in a place where gold is still king.

In the U.S. hand accessories are generally out of style for a little. About 10 years ago, a nice small pinky ring was in...times change.

3. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I don't claim to be the resident expert by any means, but yes. A pair of cap toed or punch cap oxfords are more than sufficient.

4. The Millennial Gentleman

The Millennial Gentleman Well-Known Member

I put together a little video on the problems with the tux shops with wedding fashion. Give it a watch and let me know if you agree or not:

5. facet

facet Senior member

Oh I know. I'm just pumping up your tires since you have a deeper knowledge base than I do :)

6. culverwood

culverwood Senior member

I would not stress too much about what shoes to wear with your morning suit. Any black laced shoe in good condition well polished will be good. I would go for a black captoe but at my wedding I wore black brogues and my son wore black jodhpurs with his morning suit at his.

7. pi34

pi34 Senior member

Have a Memorials Day wedding on the Cape. Type of group/crew where I'm sure seersucker will be abound. Debating between two suits from the bay...leaning towards #2 for more utility. Just not sure if the pattern is too distracting for a wedding.

IMG_2488.PNG IMG_2487.PNG