1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by unbelragazzo, Dec 31, 2012.

1. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I'm a sucker for tradition (and hence the first look). A grey tuxedo, while a questionable choice, is probably an attempt at a slightly more formal grey suit. I wouldn't think the navy suit would be out of place. The look you describe isn't bad for the country, though unless we're talking about a linen (or perhaps khaki) suit, I don't really see the point of switching colors. In my experience, people still wear city colors to weddings in rural areas, but I can see why you'd want linen or cotton in the summer if your navy suit is a substantial enough wool.

2. AX2007

AX2007 Active Member

I have been searching for shoes for my wedding, and am not quite sure what I should do. Does anyone have a suggestion for one piece calf shoes to go with my morning suit and perhaps even other suits? I saw a pair by carmina that were absolutely stunning but I was unsure of whether I can wear them with more than just the morning suit, and paying that much for shoes I'll wear maybe once a year or one every couple of years didn't seem right.

If anyone has a suggestion for a different shoe to go with a morning suit, I'm open to suggestion. Thank you!

3. Shewta

Shewta New Member

Some of the questions and answers are very interesting. The blog topic is really good so people can feel free to ask. Personally, even I had a doubt about the men’s hand accessories. Online, I had seen a wide range of hand accessories for the wedding at Manyavar. But I had a question- Are hand accessories for men really so trending for weddings?

4. facet

facet Senior member

I'll defer to our resident expert, but wouldnt a simple pair of black captoes be sufficient for a morning suit?

5. AX2007

AX2007 Active Member

That's a good question... I thought perhaps captoes were a little too business-y for the morning suit, but I really have no clue.

6. deadAngle

deadAngle Senior member

Ideally you would want balmoral or button boots in plain or quarter brogue styles, but regular oxfords should do the trick too. Captoes feel like they'd work a little better on the boots than the oxfords, but you should be all right.

7. The Millennial Gentleman

The Millennial Gentleman Member

Judging by the website, I would think you to be somewhere near India? In that case, hand accessories might indeed be on the rise/norm as they usually signify high class or royalty in a place where gold is still king.

In the U.S. hand accessories are generally out of style for a little. About 10 years ago, a nice small pinky ring was in...times change.

8. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I don't claim to be the resident expert by any means, but yes. A pair of cap toed or punch cap oxfords are more than sufficient.

9. The Millennial Gentleman

The Millennial Gentleman Member

I put together a little video on the problems with the tux shops with wedding fashion. Give it a watch and let me know if you agree or not: