• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

official Valentines Day thread

Reaction score
Like the thread says.... Just wanted to hear what all you romantics are going to be doing. Hoping to steal some ideas. For me as of now all I have planned is dinner at either Bouley, Megu or Nobu. Still havent found the gift (thinking of maybe a handbag). I would love to do something special but am running out of ideas. Its our third valentines day together and its quite hard to still find something super exciting to do for her. All inputs are appreciated

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Do Bouley or Danube (where I went last year) not Megu or Nobu...those aren't romantic.

I think we're just going to go to P*Ong because I've been wanting to try for a while and they are having a 10 plate tasting for $95.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Valentine's Day is also my wife's birthday, so we're doing a birthday party. The evening after (Friday night), we having three other couples over to the house for dinner.

I've hired a Peruvian woman to cater in dinner. We're still working out the menu, but it will be various Peruvian dishes. We'll be serving Pisco Sours as a cocktail before dinner. Main course will be a cabrito with cilantro and a side dish based on yuca (cassava). Serving South American wines. Still working on that, but I'm currently trying out a few Malbecs to serve with the cabrito.

She brought a couple of desserts around for me to try and I selected one reminded me of a lemon flavored tiramisu.

Anyway. Looking forward to it.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be alone, with an assortment of ice creams, and the Sex and the City dvds.

frown.gif
musicboohoo[1].gif
confused.gif
plain.gif

Karo

Reaction score
Anal lube.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Restaurants are so busy it isn't worth it and every place is probably booked by now. My place is so small I don't even own a table. I'm thinking about asking someone out randomly on the street, though where to take them. uhh...

PAI

Reaction score
LOL at some pretty funny comments. like the taser and anal lube? lol i wish i was a romantic. it's going to be my girlfriend and i's second valentine's together. Dinner and a movie just seems so typical
musicboohoo[1].gif
maybe ice skating? any opinions?

HomerJ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PAI
LOL at some pretty funny comments. like the taser and anal lube? lol i wish i was a romantic. it's going to be my girlfriend and i's second valentine's together. Dinner and a movie just seems so typical
musicboohoo[1].gif
maybe ice skating? any opinions?

Ice skating is good.

I also recommend going to the airport with a dollar bill attached to a fishing line. When people try to pick it up off the ground, pull it away. Women love that.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by manhattan-sales
Like the thread says.... Just wanted to hear what all you romantics are going to be doing. Hoping to steal some ideas. For me as of now all I have planned is dinner at either Bouley, Megu or Nobu. Still havent found the gift (thinking of maybe a handbag). I would love to do something special but am running out of ideas. Its our third valentines day together and its quite hard to still find something super exciting to do for her. All inputs are appreciated

Valentine's (Hallmark) Day is amateur night in NYC. They charge you way to much for no where near the quality that is expected. No "real" chef works that night as they know people will like whatever slosh is served on their plate as long as the customer can say they ate at bla..bla.blah. Do yourself a favor and book dinner for two days later, you will thank me.

madison avenue

Reaction score
Some of the comments above had me cracking up. From all of the choices you mention I would go with Bouley as someone else mentioned. I am a fan of Megu but I had a look at their valentines day menu and its not that great at least for my taste. I am actually planning to do something different this year. Me and the lady always go out to eat and there really isn't a place in the city we havent eaten at before, not trying to sound like a snoob. I want to do something special but I really have no idea of what to do. I do feel like the food is not of the same quality but then again I don't want to hurt her feelings and not do the whole going out thing. Someone from ny help me out. Hopefully a nice expensive gift will make up for a bad planned evening. But seriously anyone advice hereas well.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madison avenue
Some of the comments above had me cracking up. From all of the choices you mention I would go with Bouley as someone else mentioned. I am a fan of Megu but I had a look at their valentines day menu and its not that great at least for my taste. I am actually planning to do something different this year. Me and the lady always go out to eat and there really isn't a place in the city we havent eaten at before, not trying to sound like a snoob. I want to do something special but I really have no idea of what to do. I do feel like the food is not of the same quality but then again I don't want to hurt her feelings and not do the whole going out thing. Someone from ny help me out. Hopefully a nice expensive gift will make up for a bad planned evening. But seriously anyone advice hereas well.

make her dinner

madison avenue

Reaction score
Welll every place that I would allow to cook for me in NYC is offically booked so if anyone here owns manages or can just somehow get me a reservation somewhere good please help out. This is what I get for waitng till the last minute

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads