OFFICIAL TUSK & SHIELD AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jp.atx, Jul 13, 2017.

What 2 characteristics do you value the most in a towel

1. Size

33.3%
  2. Material

33.3%
  3. Style

33.3%
  4. Absorbability

33.3%
  5. Price

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jp.atx

jp.atx Member Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

Gentlemen,

I am proud to introduce the Styleforum community to a new lifestyle brand built for men named Tusk & Shield. My name is Janak and I am the founder. If you will allow me, I would like to begin with what inspired me to begin this journey.

The genesis of the brand stems from what I perceived to be a void in the marketplace for a part of the home that men care about, but where nothing is made for them, the bedroom & bathroom.

Pique & Diamond

[​IMG]

Within that segment, I felt bath towels were a very obvious place to start. First off, bath towels are grossly undersized for most men. I personally have been using beach towels for the longest time to avoid having to use two normal towels to dry myself. This was an adequate solution I suppose but after a while, I was a little embarrassed of having this cheap looking dark blue, hot pink, and sea green printed towel with little fishies on it drying against a backdrop of my contemporary decorated bedroom and bathroom.

This led me to a journey of research and discovery as to what goes into making a great towel. If you would like to learn more details of my findings, you can download a free infographic pdf from my website. For the sake of brevity, I will condense it to these four attributes:

1. Huge in size

2. High Density & Absorbability

3. ELS Cotton that was organic and authentic

4. Sleek and Attractive Styling

Old world towel weaving​

[​IMG]

Next, I tried to find the right manufacturer that could help check off all the boxes above for making such a unique towel. After an exhausting search, I came across a boutique manufacturer from Turkey who was open to creating a towel for me based on these specifications. What makes this towel so special is that the cotton is sourced locally from the Bergama region, a historically rich and fertile land next to the Aegean sea. The combination of soil and organic farming practices mean Bergama cotton is a smoother, longer, and a more durable fiber. This unique fiber allows the towels to get softer and softer with every wash.

Bergama cotton field

[​IMG]

Where it's made

[​IMG]

The construction of the towel concludes when the Bergama cotton is then taken and handwoven by master weavers in modern day Bursa where textiles have been handmade by craftsmen since the 18th century.

Bursa

[​IMG]

Please take a moment to check out some of the beautiful towels we are proud to have designed in images below. If you would like to pre-order or reach me for questions, you are welcome to do so via tuskandshield.com.

If you would like to support us further, I also have a page on Kickstarter to help raise funds to expedite the creation and delivery of the towels and packaging design. Supporters will receive priority support and/or a free hand towel.

Find us on:
    Facebook
    Tuskandshield.com

Kickstarter

Thanks for your time and I look forward to the feedback as well as any questions.

Theodore

[​IMG]

Chevron

[​IMG]

Waffle

[​IMG]

2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Beautiful stuff! Good luck with the venture!

3. starro

starro Senior member

Very interesting. Is towel size something most men struggle with?

Do you have plans for bathrobes in the future?

4. jp.atx

@othertravel...Thank you....appreciate the support!

@starro We do have plans for bathrobes as well as a full towel line of wash clothes, hand towels, and guest bath towels. Almost all the guys that I've surveyed think their towel is too small. Thanks for visiting our thread!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

How does one wear any of these?

6. jp.atx

@GBR - I'm sorry I don't understand the question? thx

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Around your waist. Please don't mess around in the affiliate threads.

8. jp.atx

@starro here are some examples of luxury bathrobes we will soon have:

Chevron Ivory Bath Robe.jpg Kimono Bath Robe.jpeg

9. TGS1000

TGS1000 New Member

I wanted to know why you have these towels in turkish cotton and not in egyptian cotton? Is there a difference between the two different types of cotton?

10. starro

starro Senior member

In
    Interesting designs. Are you guys distinguishing between bathrobes and dressing gowns?

I have some ideas for bathrobes. If interested, shoot me a PM.

11. jp.atx

@starro We are aiming to keep the functionality of a bathrobe while having the stylistic flair of a dressing gown. I would love to see your ideas. If you have pics or links please feel free to post. Thanks.

12. jp.atx

They both are at the upper echelon of quality however, there has been a lot of fraud discovered with towels and linen labeled "made with Egyptian cotton" in retail including a recent sting operation with supposed Egyptian cotton towels at Target:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sheets-scandal-is-roiling-the-cotton-industry.

I wanted to find a manufacturer that was in proximity to where the ELS cotton is sourced to be able to further assure that the cotton is not substandard.

13. jp.atx

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 9.04.54 PM.png