1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, Feb 20, 2009.

1. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

Up for trade.

Hanover L.B.Sheppard tan, pebble grain longwings, size 7 D. Top of the line Hanovers, comparable to Florsheim Imperials. Uppers are excellent, no issues, and the double soles may not wearout in your lifetime. The heels are 80% or better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

3. tonylumpkin

4. 83glt

83glt Senior member

I'm in urgent need of a green self-tie bow for next weekend. Its for a "Green Tie" formal affair for St. Patrick's Day. If anyone has something they think might work, please post a picture and we'll see if we can work something out.
    I think this is about as good as you'll get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WOW-GREEN-FREES...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Pretty much perfect if you ask me.

5. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

6. hugene

hugene Member

Guys, I have a bunch of new-in-box AE's for trade including some shell's. Looking for suits (38r), blazers (38r), or slacks (31x32). Listed below are the shoes I have:

9.5D Leeds - Black Cordovan
    9.5D Leeds - Burgandy Cordovan
    9.5D Park Avenue - Merlot (on hold for now but may become available)
    9.5D Mora's - Black Calf
    9.5D Randolph - Black Cordovan
    9.5D Delray - Black Calf
    9D Park Avenue - Merlot

I can provide pics, but they're new so I'm sure you guys know what they look like.

7. Astan

Astan Senior member

8. SartorialSpender

SartorialSpender Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in a tie trade? Looking for something pretty specific (but also ubiquitous): BB#1 Repp stripe ties in Burgundy-Navy and Gold-Navy (http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=Burgundy-navy). Have a ton of ties by BB Makers and Talbott, a Zegna, a Brioni, some wool ties, etc. May take pictures of the collection later.

9. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

No pictures right now, but I have a few things available for trade/sale. A pair of new (bags no box) Chili AE monkstraps in 9.5, a grey herringbone Borelli sportcoat 42S (Not sure if I want to trade or keep, since it's just a tad short on me), and a blue RLPL shirt 16.5/35.

My measurements are 40R in jackets, 16/34 in shirts, 34W and 30/32L in pants, and roughly an 11.5 in shoes. I'm looking for shirts (Brooks Bros. button downs, Zegna, Brioni, RLPL, RLBL, or similar), pants (Incotex or similar), shoes (brown/cherry captoes and wingtips), and most items made by Fred Perry at the moment.

10. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Ill trade for the Borrelli

Sent you a PM

11. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Up for trade.

Hanover L.B.Sheppard tan, pebble grain longwings, size 7 D. Top of the line Hanovers, comparable to Florsheim Imperials. Uppers are excellent, no issues, and the double soles may not wearout in your lifetime. The heels are 80% or better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Lumpkin,

What's with you and the longwings? Is it a Pittsburgh thing? It seems like you come across them constantly up there.

I remember when you first came around and found some new Lobbs at a thrift. I didn't even believe it, but you proved me wrong.

About time for you to find some more Lobbs[​IMG]

12. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

BTW, made two trades so far.
    I LOVE THIS.
    Any refinements needed?

13. tonylumpkin

About time for you to find some more Lobbs[​IMG]

My thoughts exactly!! Enough of these damned longwings!!

Actually, I can remember posting these exact words in the not too distant past..."seems like you can't swing a dead cat in Pittsburgh without hitting a pair of longwings,"

14. randob300

randob300 Senior member

My thoughts exactly!! Enough of these damned longwings!!

Actually, I can remember posting these exact words in the not too distant past..."seems like you can't swing a dead cat in Pittsburgh without hitting a pair of longwings,"

I've yet to find a decent shoe of any type, of any size, in any thrift store, around here.

15. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

BTW, made two trades so far.
    I LOVE THIS.
    Any refinements needed?

I too love this thing but have not made any trades [​IMG]

16. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

Thrifting shoes is hard.
    I have only found 5 pairs worth a damned
    1 Pair of beautiful suede churchs wingtips
    2 pair of AE in almost new shape
    1 Pair of Bexleys
    1 pair of RM Williams (I totally never thought I would ever run into a pair of these)
    I have been at it for 4 years with good regularity.

17. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

I have a wool Donegal Tweed tie and a Burberry suit size 48r:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Burberry is like olive with blue overcheck lines... side vented

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

side vented:

[​IMG]

I'll take better pics and measurements tomorrow...

18. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I'll be curious to see how the Burberry suit measures out.

19. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Well-Known Member

Alright, here's some more goodies. If you are interested in anything, let me know and I will take more pics. Allen Edmonds Brookwood in 12D. This is the same pair I just got on trade from creampiggy. I thought since sizing on loafers is always a little hit and miss, I may get lucky and squeeze my fat feet in to these, but alas they do not fit. [​IMG] Brooks Brothers Brooksease Suit 41R/35L [​IMG] Hickey Freeman Bespoke for Bullock & Jones Jacket 38R, fully canvased, this is an orphan. In real life, the red overcheck is VERY subtle [​IMG] Lauren by Ralph Lauren Jacket 46R [​IMG] Hickey Freeman Collection for The Foursome Jacket 42L, fully canvased [​IMG] H. Freeman & Son for Nordstrom's Jacket 22 shoulder, 25 arm, 16 chest, 32 length, fully canvased [​IMG] Brooks Brothers Brooksaire Jacket 40R [​IMG] Brooks Brothers Jacket 41R [​IMG] To help judge colors, all of the clothing was photographed over black fabric and white paper. My sizes are listed in the spreadsheet. Clearly I am a big guy and hard to fit, so I am open to creative trades.

20. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

How wide is the donegal tie? I'm interested, though so far I don't have anything photographed to exchange.