1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Got the bag today; I was actually surprised by how nice it is. Thanks!

It is a really nice bag, that's why I bought mine in the first place [​IMG]

Glad you like it!

2. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

I think we need to talk to J, or one of the mods, to see if there is a way to have the link to the spreadsheet permanently attched to the current page. If that isn't possible, maybe we could all add it to our signatures. I think I'll add it to mine now.

3. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

I think we need to talk to J, or one of the mods, to see if there is a way to have the link to the spreadsheet permanently attched to the current page. If that isn't possible, maybe we could all add it to our signatures. I think I'll add it to mine now.

That's a great idea! I'm adding it to mine too...

4. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Picked up a really nice Como Sport button down size large today. I am not sure if this is preowned or stock donated without tage, but where I was at today had several very nice shirts there. There is also a faint red mark through the tag which is why I thought it may be NWOT.

[​IMG]

Now listing on E-Bay

5. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Here is some stuff up for trade. I have too many blue shirts and light colored blazers.

Want: I dont have any hi-end socks, wouldnt mind trading for some, or offer up something nice, I'm open, even a different shirt -just not blue [​IMG]

Corneliani shirt: (TRAAAAAADED)

[​IMG]

Alex Cannon shirt:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Corneliani blazer (42R, 19" shoulder, 25" sleeve, 44" chest, ventless):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

How long are the sleeves on the Corneliani shirt?

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

How long are the sleeves on the Corneliani shirt?

Sleeve measures 25 1/2" from shoulder seam to cuff, and has 21" shoulders. I think the trad measurement is from the center of the shoulders to the edge of the cuff which would make it a 35.

8. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I have a pair tobacco/light brown Florshiem Longwings size 9 D. I'm normally a 9.5. They look like the Imperials I've seen posted on here but they do not have the fancy sole. I am pretty sure these are the US made ones. I've seen the more recent Made in India versions and these blow them away. I had a new footbed insole put in and reconditioned after I purchased them. They are a great looking shoe, unfortunately they are a tad too small. I'd like to swap for a similar style shoe that would fit better. I'll have pictures later this evening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sploosh

sploosh Senior member

What trades are you looking for?

10. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

I would trade for a similar style Florsheim or Allen Edmonds in a 9.5 D. If someone had something that was a step up, I'd be willing to see what I could throw in.

11. warmodder

warmodder Member

I just picked up 2 pairs of nice dress pants- both in size 34. I don't think they're gunna fit me, so they're available if anyone is looking for a trade.

Beige Armani Collezioni
    Bright navy/blue Zanella

I'll get up some pictures later.

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I'll have these up for grabs for about a week. Jil Sander brown blazer. 3 btn, no rear vent. Slim. Patch pockets. 36R (Eu 46R) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Vintage Oxxford trousers. 34 waist. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I just picked up 2 pairs of nice dress pants- both in size 34. I don't think they're gunna fit me, so they're available if anyone is looking for a trade.

Beige Armani Collezioni
    Bright navy/blue Zanella

I'll get up some pictures later.

What is the exact measure of the zanellas? Might be interested...

14. SartorialSpender

SartorialSpender Well-Known Member

Have: Very large collection of Robert Talbott and Brooks Brothers Makers ties. Also, everything I post in FS.
    Want: Shoe trees, OCBDs, or possibly anything that would fit me.
    Measurements: 39L, 33x33, 16x35, 11.5D-E.

15. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

I'm in urgent need of a green self-tie bow for next weekend. Its for a "Green Tie" formal affair for St. Patrick's Day. If anyone has something they think might work, please post a picture and we'll see if we can work something out.

16. 83glt

83glt Senior member

Just want to thank Nataku for a great trade (Zegna sportcoat for 1 Corneliani, 1 Tomer Rothschild, and 1 Hamilton shirt). A great trade, super fast and smooth. Can't wait to go again!

BTW, I'll be posting some more items for trade here over the weekend. They'll include a couple Zegna sport jackets, a Burberry jacket, and a couple other items.

17. randob300

randob300 Senior member

Thought I would post up a few items I have sitting around. Nothing spectacular, but servicable enough pieces: Chaps Ralph Lauren Sportcoat. Age unknown, but certainly nicer than the 'Chaps' brand of today. Initials sewn in other side (not photo'd). No tags, but measurements are: Chest 21" Shoulders 18" Bottom of Collar: 29.5" Sleeve length: 22.75 (with about 2" to let out) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Zanella Wool Slacks These are quite baggy, in my opinion. Triple Pleated. No cuffs. Measurements: Waist: 16.5 Thigh: 13 Knee: 11.25 Hem: 9.25 Inseam 29.5 with ~2" to let out w/o cuffs [​IMG] [​IMG] Charles Tyrwhitt 15.5/35 Classic Fit Non-Iron Pale Blue (pictures with white cardstock) I'll get you specific measurements, if needed. [​IMG] [​IMG] Brooks Brothers 15.5/33 'The Original Polo Shirt' Slim Fit, Supima Cotton *TRADED* [​IMG] BNWT Ralph Lauren 15.5 34/5 Custom Fit Shirt. I was thinking of fleabaying it, but would prefer to just trade. [​IMG] [​IMG] Open to trades for anything in my size (15.5 or 16/34, Medium, 34 waist). I tend to lean towards the more eccentric colorings/patterns.

18. warmodder

warmodder Member

What is the exact measure of the zanellas? Might be interested...

Sorry just got home, and both pairs fit great. I guess the italian trousers wear smaller. I also checked for the Zegna pants, but they were already gone.

19. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Willing to trade any clothes I have on ebay for shoes (any size, AE or better quality)

See store link below

20. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Just want to thank Nataku for a great trade (Zegna sportcoat for 1 Corneliani, 1 Tomer Rothschild, and 1 Hamilton shirt). A great trade, super fast and smooth. Can't wait to go again!

BTW, I'll be posting some more items for trade here over the weekend. They'll include a couple Zegna sport jackets, a Burberry jacket, and a couple other items.

Same goes for 83glt. Quick and smooth - looking forward to more trades with him for sure.

*note: Jacket requires less alterations than I thought - great news! Looks beautiful and feels amazing! Thanks again! [​IMG]