Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, Feb 20, 2009.

1. alexedge

alexedge Member

Two pairs of AE cap toes in 11.5B:

Sanfords (more pics on ebay):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Park Avenues (I know those look like scuffs on the toe in pic 3, but they're actually just reflections from the sunlight - the toes on these things are extremely clean and polished up really nicely):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What I'd really like to do is trade - for something in 9.5D! I'm looking for cap toe shoes, whether simple or ornate. I have a slight preference for closed lacing. I also like lace-up dress boots a lot, so if you have some cap-toe boots in my size, I'd love to trade you for those as well.

But generally, I'd be interested in taking a look at whatever you have to offer for trade, as long as it's a 9.5 or 10 (US) in a medium width, and it's a cap toe shoe.

I'd be particularly excited if anyone had AE Strand, Soho, or Evanston to offer - or another pair of Sanfords!)

If you just wanna buy 'em, my roommate has put them on Ebay for me. The Sanfords are here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Allen-Edmonds-Co...3A1|240%3A1318

The Park Avenues will be going up on Monday, I can post a link to that auction then.

2. rubin749

rubin749 Senior member

I have a pretty cool pair of C&J for Polo golf shoes in 12D that I've had up in B&S and now on ebay, but if they don't sell I would definitely be up for a trade. I would keep them myself even though I don't play golf, but they are a touch too small.

Looking primarily for boots in 12-13 depending on the last.

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

More here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=102701

Haven't done much thrifting recently, but generally I wear:

40L-42L
    34-36x36 pants
    12-13 shoes

3. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Here are some ties I'd like to trade. Amerikajinda has first choice to the Tino Cosmas, which are on the right. All are NWT Tino Cosma: Silver Tino Cosma: Purple w/ print [​IMG]
    NOW ON SALE IN B&S!!!! I had these shirts to trade... I didn't iron them - sorry. Nataku - if you see any you like, how about the two Cosma ties for one shirt? Nataku has first dibs on shirts -- then they're open to other possible trades... like, one of these shirts for a shirt in size 17"-34"... Polo 16 1/2" L [​IMG] [​IMG] (TRADED) Tailorbyrd - L TRADED TO NATAKU [​IMG] [​IMG] Thomas Pink - 16 1/2" x 36" [​IMG] [​IMG] Ferre Studio 16 1/2" 32/33" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Nordstrom 16" - 34" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] NOW ON SALE IN B&S!!!!

4. cchen

cchen Senior member

5. amerikajinda

I believe Nataku and I have orchestrated the first trade!! 2 Cosma ties for a Tailorbyrd shirt!! Thank you, Official Thrifter's Trading Post! [​IMG]

6. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

I crafted one last night, consumating this evening...on suits.

7. amerikajinda

I crafted one last night, consumating this evening...on suits.

details, details! (once the deal goes through... [​IMG] )

8. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

A bespoke and a Southwick for a Brooks GF.
    A two for one deal.
    He has one in my size, I have two in his.
    NICE.
    I like this so far.

9. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Glad to see this is starting to work out very well!

10. Georgia

Georgia Senior member

Polo 16 1/2" L

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey amerikajinda - I really like this shirt...let me see what I have to trade...stand by.

11. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I believe Nataku and I have orchestrated the first trade!! 2 Cosma ties for a Tailorbyrd shirt!! Thank you, Official Thrifter's Trading Post! [​IMG]

Hey, the first trade has happened.... cool!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Picked this Baekgaard messenger bag up today to trade. I found an identical one at the same thrift in the fall, so I have no need for another. I posted it in the bragging thread and it did get some love, so I grabbed it. One size fits all! :p Removable inner-compartment. It's from their "Oil Cloth" collection. Traded to Whacked http://www.baekgaardltd.com/Portal.a...N=120015C733DC

13. 83glt

83glt Senior member

I saw a very nice Zegna sport coat at the thrift last night, but I didn't grab it as I wasn't familiar with everyone's 'wants' yet. It's a ventless, 3/2 button, 50/50 cashmere/silk blend fabric in a really nice soft golden yellow colour with faint brown and grey windowpane as I recall. It was Zegna for Neiman Marcus, and it was recent (last couple years or newer - high button stance/gorge) and appeared to be hardly worn at all - size 44R. I can see if it's still there and grab it if anyone's interested.

14. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

^^ Ventless or not, I've been looking for a cashmere blend blazer for awhile. Care to snag that baby for me? [​IMG]

15. 83glt

83glt Senior member

Hey Nataku,
    I grabbed it on my way home from work. Just got home, but I'll post pictures here in a little bit. It's a great jacket - very nice fabric. Let me know what you think when I post the photos.

Also, for everyone else's benefit, my measurements are:

Jacket: 38/40 R/S
    Waist: 34
    Inseam: 27/28
    Shirt: 15.5-16-32/33
    Shoes: 9/9.5D
    Casual: M

***Please note that I generally have to have everything tailored as my extremities are invariably too short (at least the ones that don't count [​IMG]). So don't let my exact measurements prevent you from offering trades, as I'm willing to have items tailored - within reason of course.