• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few things for trade until Sunday May 24th. I'm looking for one nice suit in a 42-44R. 1. Oxxford 2 btn bespoke suit. Super 100s. No tagged size, approx 46L. Single rear vent.
DSC04464.jpg
DSC04465.jpg
2. Tweedy Hugo Boss blazer. Model is Mars. No rear vent. 44R
DSC04463.jpg
DSC04462.jpg
3. Very recent Burberry London 3 btn pinstripe suit. Dual rear vents, ticket pocket. 44L.
DSC04466.jpg
DSC04467.jpg

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NM

swb120

Reaction score
If anyone is a 13D or 13E, I have a number of shoes available to trade - for 43R-44R suits, shoes in 10D, ties. Please PM me, and I can tell you in more detail about the shoes.

EBTX66

Reaction score
Is anybody still checking this thread? I have some suits/sportcoats/shirts/slacks, different sizes but most 48US and above that I'd like to trade for. Some are not FS-level stuff - HSM, Kenneth Cole, etc. - and I'd like to avoid the ridicule that a post on the main page would inevitably bring.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still check it, but I think this is dry-seaon for thrifting - not only for me but nationwide. It's been awhile since I've found anything even remotely interesting. I hope it picks up soon - this is the time of year where I need that one find that helps me think "There is still hope for finding nice stuff".

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, found a few ties a couple weeks back but outside of that....

I think the summer months make people less likely to want to stay inside and dig throughs clothes.

EBTX66

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I've been hitting the thrift stores down here for years and I've never found anything. It's actually kind of weird that a town this large and with so many good stores (Stanley Korshak for one) never produces good second-hand stuff. That's why I count on you guys.

Do you guys think it's worth it for me to post a thread on the main page?

PS - it's so damn hot down here all I want to do is hide indoors.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this. Probably the most appropriate here...I am on the lookout for a navy blue blazer in 40R and just wanted to see whether someone out there may be looking to trade one. I have really nice 100% wool BNWT zegna by incotex trouser - waist 34 (undemmed) that I could consider trading. I love the pant, but I have an excess of pants currently and don't see myself getting these hemmed and wearing them for quite some time. FYI...its single pleat. I can take pictures if anyone is interested.

deltashell

Reaction score
Alden Whiskey Chukka 9.5 Lightly Worn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the above shoes which fit a little larger than I would prefer. Does anyone have some size 9 Alden whiskey shoes they would be interested in trading for the 9.5's? I am open as to the style of shoe, whether it be plaintoe bluchers, some chukka's, nst's, whatever. Also interested in size 9 cigar chukkas in like condition. It's a long shot, but I figured maybe worth a try? Thanks

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a Brioni Grey glen plaid 6/2 suit 44R I believe today. Should have pics up sometime but if some one wants it for a pair of 34 pants of some sort or a 42R jacket I'd like to know.

mcphil

Reaction score
44R navy Nordstrom-brand loro piana cashmere jacket

randob300

Reaction score
Hickey Freeman 42L grey suit with a subtle stripe. Could use a cleaning and the lining is ripped at both shoulder seams and about two inches in the left side. Pants show some fraying around the pocket and at the hem. Definitely a well used suit, but if anyone wants it or wants more pics/measurements, please let me know. Good beater suit for someone just building a wardrobe or looking for a next to free first interview suit or someone that isn't terribly picky that all their suits need to be RLBL. I picked this up in a hurry and didn't notice all the minor damage. Other details: Two button Single Vent Pants are double pleated and look to be hemmed to about 32" with 2" to let, but I need to double check on that. Also missing back button, but since they have buttons for suspenders, that should be a cheap fix (or free if you can DIY)
IMG_0954.jpg
IMG_0955.jpg
Let me know if there is any interest, otherwise, I'll just redonate it to a local charity.

devils143

Reaction score
Guys, I have a Barbour Beaufort Coat in size 42. It is in very good condition and will be shipped from the US. Contact me for more details!

barbour1.jpg

barbour4.jpg

rubin749

Reaction score
A few of you have pm'ed me about the Isaia jacket I posted in the bragging thread about a week ago. Here are the measurements. I will get back to pms too. Measurements: Chest: 46" Waist: 44" Shoulders: 19" Sleeve Length: 25" Length from bottom of collar: 31.25"
IMG_3106.jpg
IMG_3108.jpg
IMG_3114.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads