Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, Feb 20, 2009.

1. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a light beige plaid APC sportcoat (3 button, double vented) that my gym routine has made ill-fitting on me. Here is a pic from when it "barely" fit, but unfortunately now its just a bit too snug (if you can imagine it any tighter on me than that pic!)

I'm looking for a similar summer sport jacket, more along the lines of the APC one rather than something more conservative, but I'll entertain offers of course!

2. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Senior member Dubiously Honored

OK, gang. I had the come-up of the century yesterday. Three suits, three sportcoats, and half a dozen pairs of odd pants from the same Oxxford bespoke (or possibly MTM) customer. All of these are Oxxford, made for the LA traditional clothing store Carrol & Co., with the exception of the last two pairs of plaid pants, which are made by Carrol & Co. from Loro Piana fabric. All are fully canvassed, most are cashmere, all have surgeon's cuffs, all are fantastically beautiful. Pants are pleated, coats are center-vented. All are the same size. All are from within the last 10 years. All are in fantastic condition, with no flaws I could find other than one pair of pants which has two very, very small spots (pictured, about 1-2mm in size) The chest is a 42, measuring 44" and fitting my 42" chest quite well. I'd say it's a 42 R-S, comically short on my 42L frame. Shoulders are 19", coat is 29" long from the base of the collar along the back center seam. Sleeves are 23" across the top. Pants waist is 36", inseam is 29" plus 1.5" cuffs. I'd love to trade all of these together for some amazing package of stuff in my size, or some amazing thing and some money, or something along those lines. I wear 42L, 36x34, size 12 shoes, 16.5/35 shirt. Suits, sportcoats, and in some cases shoes and trousers are more what I'm looking for than shirts, generally. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Summer cashmere mossy green fine check sportcoat. [​IMG] Darker brown summer cashmere with blue overcheck sportcoat [​IMG] [​IMG] Slightly brighter red-brown crepe-y cashmere sportcoat [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Navy with white pinstripes and very subtle red pinstripes suit, "west of England worsteds" [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] "Patrician preference" check suit. no material listing, but by hand it is almost certainly cashmere. [​IMG] [​IMG] Oxxford Couture brown suit with cornflower blue striping, no material listed, likely very fine wool. [​IMG] Cream flannel trousers [​IMG] Darkish worsted [​IMG] Medium twill [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Lighter worsted (tiny tiny spots pictured) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Wool plaid pants by Carrol & Co with Loro Piana fabric

3. creampiggy

creampiggy Senior member

Please let me know what you are interested and what you have in my size, then I will try to get measurements. I do have many other things, so please let me know your size and I will check for you. (1) Canali suit, 120's, 44R [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (2) Canali suit, 42R [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (3) Pal Zileri Pull suit, 42R [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (4) Pal Zileri white label suit, 42R [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (5) Zegna DB suit, 42R [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] (6) Canali sportcoat, Loro Piana fabric, 42R [​IMG] [​IMG] (7) Arnold Brant sportcoat, 100% Loro Piana cashmere, 44R [​IMG] [​IMG] (8) Arnold Brant sportcoat, 100% Colombo cashmere, 44R [​IMG] [​IMG] (9) Arnold Brant sportcoat, 100% Loro Piana cashmere, 42R [​IMG] [​IMG] (10) Jack Victor sportcoat, 100% Loro Piana cashmere, 44R [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

PM sent on the Oxxford lot.

5. randob300

randob300 Senior member

Polo Ralph Lauren, dark blue with white pin stripes. Side tabs. Good condition except for the button hole threading is starting to fray and possibly some repair work in the crotch (see pictures). Measurements: Waist: 17.5 (thick material and side tabs) Thigh: 12 Knee: 10.5 Opening: 10 Rise: 11.5 Inseam: 29.5 (with 2" to let) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

I got these 4 on a trade - all measure ~36x30 - I have never worn any of them... PRL, Corneliani, well made no name store brand, theory - all wool dress pants... and 38x32 Gucci pants I bought from earthdragon, again, never worn... Looking for pants 34.5~35" x 30...flat front...or 40R suits - I have tons of other goodies - up for trades on anything! All gone...

7. Style Pyle

Style Pyle Well-Known Member

Found a 50R Hickey Freeman jacket today. navy blue with a light patterning. If anyone in that size is interested, I will go back and pick it up.

Also, I am a 39-40R for any future trades.

8. creampiggy

creampiggy Senior member

9. Style Pyle

also, found an extremely soft 44 Camel hair light plaid jacket. Please PM if interested, it's not the season so I'm sure it'll be there for a bit.

Does anyone know some of the more well known names of hong kong tailors, I found a complete suit made by a custom tailor in hong kong, appeared to be in wonderful condition.

10. Style Pyle

First up for trade is a white, flowery printed zegna size XL

How do I post pics, jeez. All of my files are too large. How should I size them down?

11. Style Pyle

Okay, zegna short sleeve with a sort of floral stitching. Looks brand new. Size XL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Style Pyle

Next, hickey-freeman 42/44 probably closer to 42.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Style Pyle

now.. hickey freeman tagged as a 50
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

sorry the floor looks so dirty, I swear it's the lighting

14. Style Pyle

and now the zegnas, these are in the 17.5, size 44, XL category
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Well-Known Member

Harris Tweed tagged 40L. SB, 2b, 1/2 lined, single vent. Pockets and vent are still sewn shut, Harris tag is still sewn to sleeve, I am assuming it is unworn. Let me know and I will get more pics and measurements.

[​IMG]