Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, Feb 20, 2009.

1. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

hey all - i had some free time so i registered my sizes and wants on the spreadsheet. i don't thrift, but i see some nice stuff here and i wouldn't mind parting with some of my personal stuff, or the NWT stuff i'm selling here, to trade for your stuff

Whatcha looking for?
    Im game, especially for nicer stuff/non-thrifted trade action. I like trading.

2. whusurdadi

whusurdadi Senior member

Antirabbit is the trade king...

3. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

HRoi,
    You have PM. Id love to trade wiff you.

4. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Whatcha looking for? Im game, especially for nicer stuff/non-thrifted trade action. I like trading.
    me too. pm replied [​IMG]
    Antirabbit is the trade king...
    you speak the truth. i've already gotten some juicy offers [​IMG]

5. calisanfran

calisanfran Senior member

Anyone interested a new Incotex for Faconnable W36 (yellowish color, tags are cut out)? I bought it during the Incotex frenzy some time back but it does not fit me (I am a W34). It is tagged EU50 but actually measures 18"x2 = 36" in the waist. It is 55% cotton and 45% linen. PM me and I can provide you with whatever other measurements you would want (and pictures). Am open to pretty much any kind of trade (preferably new item)...

34 x 30
    40R
    M
    15.5 32/33

I can also sell it if anyone is interested and doesn't have anything to trade. Its really getting wasted in my wardrobe and will end up at the local Goodwill if I can't find another home for it. It has a couple of defects...the back left butt pocket button is half broken and it also has the tiniest of pulls around the thigh area (barely visible, but for full disclosure).

Cheers.

6. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

Canali Proposta suit

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's fully canvassed.

I would like to trade for a similarly nice suit (fully canvassed if possible) in a size around a 38R.

7. asparagoose

asparagoose Well-Known Member

Looking for:
    1) Interview shoes in 10.5D. Preferably burgundy, but will consider black as well.
    2) A solid (or very lightly patterned) navy or charcoal suit. 42R to 44R with narrower shoulders and a 36-38" waist and 31"+ inseam.

To trade, I have....

1. AE MacNeil - Longwings - Burgundy - 10.5D
    These are not shell- they are polished cobbler. They're in great shape- barely worn.
    [​IMG]

2. Ties
    A. Gianfranco Ferre. Pretty traditional for a Ferre tie, but nice. Brown with white stripes. Never worn, knotted once.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

B. Faconnable - Navy / White Houndstooth. Awesome tie. Worn a few times.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

C. Valentino - Burgundy with Blue stripes (thin stripes are a lighter shade of blue). Worn once.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

D. LINCS by David Chu - a pale, slightly metallic burgundy. Stripes (from outside to center) go: white (thin), pink (thick), dark brown. Never worn, knotted once. Could use an ironing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

E. Daniel De Fasson. A bit funky. Dark blue, orange and grey. Never worn, knotted once.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Perry Ellis 42R Cotton Blazer - New with tags
    Light beige with darker stripes. Classic fit.
    Measurements:
    Shoulder: 18.5"
    Chest: 22"
    Waist: 20.25"
    Length from collar: 31.25"
    Sleeve: 26"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Vintage Oxxford blazer - small 42R (or 40R) - Wool/poly blend
    A few flaws:
    1) It has a bit of the musky thrift store smell (haven't gotten it cleaned yet)
    2) It has a hole in the bottom left of the jacket (see pic)

But it's still pretty awesome.

shoulder: 17.5
    chest: 22
    length: 30
    sleeve: 25

[​IMG]

8. rubin749

rubin749 Senior member

9. calisanfran

calisanfran Senior member

Anyone interested a new Incotex for Faconnable W36 (yellowish color, tags are cut out)? I bought it during the Incotex frenzy some time back but it does not fit me (I am a W34). It is tagged EU50 but actually measures 18"x2 = 36" in the waist. It is 55% cotton and 45% linen. PM me and I can provide you with whatever other measurements you would want (and pictures). Am open to pretty much any kind of trade (preferably new item)...

34 x 30
    40R
    M
    15.5 32/33

I can also sell it if anyone is interested and doesn't have anything to trade. Its really getting wasted in my wardrobe and will end up at the local Goodwill if I can't find another home for it. It has a couple of defects...the back left butt pocket button is half broken and it also has the tiniest of pulls around the thigh area (barely visible, but for full disclosure).

Cheers.

ok, finally got myself to take some pictures of the pants. third picture is probably the most accurate color. you can see in the 2nd pic the half broken button. Also, the slight pull on the leg is just about visible on the 4th pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tilliespants

Tilliespants Member

Hey G
    You still have the 50L HF you posted
    In Feb?

11. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

hi all,

I've also just entered my measurements and would be up for trades.

my sizes:

jacket 38 - 39
    shoes 9.5-10D
    waist 32 inseam 30
    collar 15.5
    sleeve 33.5 (approx)

I will be posting pics shortly of lots of nice classic sf shoes (some in different size than my own) and odd jackets that I would be interested to trade. I'm looking to trade for:

-I really need ankle boots! Such as chukkas or chelseas, particularly rm williams (size 9G), crockett & jones (9.5D on 335 last, and 10d on 325 last), paraboots, alden (9E or 9.5D on barrie last) etc. Preferably non-black for all.
    -red wing gt's (not black)
    -size 38 or 39 odd jackets with high armholes, narrow non-peak lapels, fully canvased, natural shoulders (preferably)
    -size 38 or 39 slim fit suits with same jacket details as above and slim fitting, flat-front slacks
    -raw denim, esp. RRL slimfit 31 x ~30, or apc new cure 32
    -kakhis / chinos that with slim cuts and some tapering, for example j. crew classic fit 'broken in" vintage fit chinos size 32 x 30

needless to say, i would be willing to accept or give cash to even out a trade, etc.

Thanks! (pics forthcoming)

12. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

I have a pair of near MINT Church's Loafers w/ trees, size 12 D up for trade. I am looking for a nice suit or sport coat, but i would love to hear all offers!

Here are my sizes again:
    39-40L jacket, 32 X 32 pants, 16.5 shirt, 11 D Shoes

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

Heres the link if you want to see more pictures:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=114504

THANKS SF!

13. creampiggy

creampiggy Senior member

Got a Canali, a Zegna, a Pal Zileri white label, a Pal Zileri Pull suit, two Loro Piana 100% cashmere jackets in US42 and a Canali suit and a Loro Piana 100% cashmere jacket in US44. I am willing to trade for higher end stuff. I am extremely busy this week. I will post photos this Sunday if there is any interest.

Please let me know what you have in my size which is in the google document. I do have a lot of other nice stuff for trade that I don't have time to list. Just let me know what you are looking for and your size.

14. chili

chili Well-Known Member

In the overhaul of my wardrobe I've got a bunch of stuff that has fallen out of the rotation/eBay purchases I don't wear, etc. Most of this would be headed to the thrift store as I don't want to bother w/eBay. Some of this stuff has a little more value. I'm willing to trade "on spec" in that I'm more than willing to ship out an item where the recipient will then "owe me one." I've done this in the past (and haven't gotten anything in return yet) but as I say most of this would be headed to a thrift store otherwise. Shirts (all button cuff): Link to larger images [​IMG] Harvie & Hudson 17/43 ivory herringbone - excellent/like new condition. Bought on B&S, color doesn't work for me. This is (and the Delsiena) is the best of the bunch. Delsiena 16.5/42 bought on eBay from Mack1121. Excellent/like new condition. Large spread color doesn't work for me. Great thick buttons. Jeff Rose XL blue & white buttondown. Bought on ebay, excellent condition (name of previous owner inside collar). Too big for me in shoulders/body. Lorenzini 17/43/L gray with fine pattern. Very good condition. Bought on eBay, color doesn't work for me. Corneliani 17.5/44 bought on eBay. Good condition - shoes signs of wear but still serviceable. Color doesn't work for me - is more like the color of a work shirt than the light blue of a dress shirt. Burberry 17-35. Ivory. Bought on eBay (previous owner's name in collar). Good condition - not stains but feels like it has been worn a fair amount before. Color doesn't work for me. Nordstrom 16.5-15 Green stripe. Smartcare. Bought new by me several years ago. Worn maybe 10 times. Washed at home - no commercial laundry. Brooks Brother 17.5-35. Slim fit, non-iron. Light blue/pink check pattern. Bought new by me a couple of months ago. Worn maybe 3 times. JosABank 17-35 Stays Cool (part of non-iron selection) Buttondown. Light blue/dark blue/red check. Excellent condition. Bought new by me. Worn maybe 5 times. JosABank 17-35 Blue glen plaid. Buttondown. Non-iron. Excellent condition. Bought new by me, worn maybe 10 times. JosABank 17-35 Blue with white check pattern. Non-iron. Good condition. Bought new by me, work many times. Feel free to PM with offers/trades/promises of trades to come. My measurements on in the spreadsheet - looking for ties too - or any other interesting trades (doesn't have to be clothes) if you have them.

15. chili

chili Well-Known Member

Brooks Brothers suit available too. Sizes out to 42L (26" sleeve) 36/32 pants (double pleat, cuff). Flannel navy pinstripe. Brooks brothers tag only in the neck, quarter lined, no other tags (except union tag in pocket) which would make me think MTM. Found a pinhole in one sleeve but otherwise in excellent condition. Bought on eBay. Flannel too warm for my climate. Link to larger image [​IMG] Suede Boots - Polo Ralph Lauren Very good condition. Size 13D (too big for me). Goodyear welted (says on inside). Made in Mexico. Link [​IMG] Link [​IMG] Incotex Venezia 1951 100% wool With tags. 54 (36" waist) 32" inseam. Double pleats, cuffs. Excellent condition. Bought on ebay but moving away from pleats. This one has more value than the previous two. Link [​IMG] Corneliani sportcoat (42L/tagged 52L) from Saks. 26" sleeve Bought on ebay - I just don't wear it (mostly wear suits). Very good condition. True color is darker than the photo - mostly brown but with some olive. Canvassed. Link [​IMG]