• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Thrifter's Trading Post

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a trade with Antirabbit and recieved my suit today. Good deal and had fun doing so. Thanks chad.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1, A Canuker kicks ass. I recomend him highly.

Loved the suit I recieved as well.

CorneliusP

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the quality of Aquascutum? Would anyone be interested in a seemingly good quality Aquascutum navy sport coat? Looked rather new, but was a tad large on me. I am about a 39R/40R but shoulders/chest were a bit big. The tag said "made in Canada" but I forget what material it was. I don't have a camera currently, as I exploded my last one something fierce, so I can't show pics. If someone were to want it, I could take the 5 minute walk to the shop and pick it up for $10

mike540

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
Did a trade with Antirabbit and recieved my suit today. Good deal and had fun doing so. Thanks chad.

Originally Posted by antirabbit
+1, A Canuker kicks ass. I recomend him highly.

Loved the suit I recieved as well.

As a Canadian who would like to participate in trades, could I ask if there were any customs issues on either side? Do you mark the goods as free or gift or trade? Are there duties on used clothing?
thanks
Mike

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike540
As a Canadian who would like to participate in trades, could I ask if there were any customs issues on either side? Do you mark the goods as free or gift or trade? Are there duties on used clothing?
thanks
Mike

I like to ask for the item to be marked as a return, sample or used as that tends to avoid customs. Also I have yet to have a issue where a invoice or tags were not removed. However that said I have had issues with items coming from Woodbury that tacked on a couple hundred, the T&A shop in NYC that did the same and even a used amp for my car that left me totally pissed. Mostly having it marked like above helps but its also a roll of the dice. Ask or pay for a tracking number aswell and do the same on your end.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike540
thanks
Mike

I think all was fine, mine hung out in the boarder like 2 days.

mike540

Reaction score
I like to ask for the item to be marked as a return, sample or used as that tends to avoid customs. Also I have yet to have a issue where a invoice or tags were not removed. However that said I have had issues with items coming from Woodbury that tacked on a couple hundred, the T&A shop in NYC that did the same and even a used amp for my car that left me totally pissed. Mostly having it marked like above helps but its also a roll of the dice. Ask or pay for a tracking number aswell and do the same on your end.

Originally Posted by antirabbit
I think all was fine, mine hung out in the boarder like 2 days.

Thanks guys!

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brioni plaid jacket, measurements suggest a 36/37 R. There is a very small snag on the inside back of one of the arms, which I have pictured. An inexpensive repair should work as it is in a rather inconspicuous place. Approximate measurements are: chest 20", sleeves 22 1/2", shoulders 17", length 30 1/2". CLICK TO ENLARGE Chester Barrie for Austin Reed tan jacket. This is a beautiful jacket with an incredible amount of had work. Again, no size tags, but measurements suggest a 36/37 Short/Reg. There is a faint mark on the back of the jacket which isn't as noticeable as it appears in the picture. Approximate measurements are: chest 20", sleeves 22 1/2", shoulders 17 1/2", length 29 1/2". CLICK TO ENLARGE

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit that I traded Anti for is a little long for me and with his blessing I am putting it back up here.

Isaia for Paul Stuart. Grey with light blue pinstripes. 3 Button dual vents. FF pants with side tabs. I shall post the measurements tomorrow and the photos that Anti passed to me.

Great suit and I could have it shortened to try and make it work but I'd rather not so I'll try for it to find a good home with a taller person then I.

I would like to find a replacement suit/pants/jacket. 42R or 34ish pants.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey yall, I have a great find I want to offer up here.
Its a Paul Smith blazer
Dongeal tweedish-mid blue
2 Button
Centere vent
Ticket pocket
NWOT, all pockets are still sealed and extra button pouch is inside the interior pocket.

It is a very very slim 42L, or more like a 40L in us sizing.

I am looking to trade for nice pants, either wool or cotton, 34-36 waist, like Barba, Marbitex, Inco, or something like it. Neednt be new.
I can take pics and measurements when I get back home on Tuesday night.
Please PM me with interest.

C

VABeethoven

Reaction score
I'm a 42 S/R and this is small for me on all fronts. Orphaned Zegna for Neiman's jacket. Charcoal with a blue windowpane. Two labels: Ermenegildo Zegna AT Neiman Marcus and TINDARI. Missing all sleeve buttons, OW nice. Shoulder 18, Sleeve 21, Length 32.
Lemme know if you're interested.
2j41ukj.jpg

30jqogx.jpg

Not really looking for jackets, but I'm plenty open minded for whatever. Give me a shout.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The suit that I traded Anti for is a little long for me and with his blessing I am putting it back up here.

Isaia for Paul Stuart. Grey with light blue pinstripes. 3 Button dual vents. FF pants with side tabs. I shall post the measurements tomorrow and the photos that Anti passed to me.

Great suit and I could have it shortened to try and make it work but I'd rather not so I'll try for it to find a good home with a taller person then I.

I would like to find a replacement suit/pants/jacket. 42R or 34ish pants.

PM sent

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this several weeks ago from 83glt but the shoulders are a big to large for me. Trade for another jacket/suit/shirts on par with it. It's a 44R. Looks pretty recent. Cashmere/silk blend, beautiful fabric. 3 btn front, no rear vent. 3 buttons at each cuff - made for surgeon's cuffs. Chest: 23" Shoulders: 20" Sleeves: 25" with 3/4" to let out Length: 35"
DSC03498.jpg
DSC03500.jpg
DSC03514.jpg
DSC03502.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads