Official Thrifter's Trading Post

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Nataku, Feb 20, 2009.

1. GucciKid

GucciKid Senior member

Jacket size - 40R
    Pants size - 33/34W
    Shoe size - 10.5 D/E
    Dress shirt size 15.5/16

Looking for anything really, particularly dress shirts and interesting wool/casual ties.

Have some stuff to trade that I will put up soon

2. SartorialSpender

SartorialSpender Well-Known Member

Vintage 8.5 3E Florsheim Imperial Longwings, complete with Vintage Florsheim shoe trees Original soles and heels with v-cleat. Uppers in great condition. Insides are beautiful except for one small moisture stain in right shoe. Measures 12" outside heel to toe and 4 3/8" width. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. otc

otc Senior member

Vintage 8.5 3E Florsheim Imperial Longwings, complete with Vintage Florsheim shoe trees

Original soles and heels with v-cleat. Uppers in great condition. Insides are beautiful except for one small moisture stain in right shoe.

Measures 12" outside heel to toe and 4 3/8" width.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it...even if there is no interest, tomorrow I am going back to the store I went to friday to see if those burgundy longwings have been repriced and are still on the shelf...

4. DoTheGrownup

DoTheGrownup Senior member

Added my sizes to the spreadsheet, and I'll post them here. Seems that I am about the same size as everyone else.

Jacket: 42R
    Shirt: 16x34
    Pants 34x30
    Shoes: 10.5-11D

I picked up a Borrelli dress shirt w/ a button-down collar over the weekend. It's tagged as a 17.5". I will put of pics and measurements if anyone is interested. I plan on offering it for sale in the main B&S forum, but would take a trade, mostly interested in dress shirts and sport coats right now.

5. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

You might have better luck here than selling it on the B&S thread. Most of the great stuff is just sitting there, unless you offer it at some outrageous low price. The point here, is if you find something like that, you can trade it for something similar from someone else that wears the size you found and has something you might want.

6. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

Three PRL dress shirts, all 15.5 34/35. One medium brown/tan with FC. One light blue and white striped with barrel cuffs. One light blue thicker cloth like an OCDB but with a tab collar and barrel cuffs.

7. GucciKid

GucciKid Senior member

Have this 42R Zegna sportcoat up for trade. Nice fabric and in very good condition. Ventless, 2 button, fully canvassed. I believe it's a bit darker than the photo.

[​IMG]

See my measurements a few posts above. Would be open to almost any and all trades really, except for ties.

8. jkidd41011

jkidd41011 Senior member

Burberry Jacket (new tages, probably orphaned suit coat) Medium Gray with faint white/black stripes, 3 button single vent. Tagged 42R but it I think it would easily work for a 44 because it amost fits me (46L). It's made in the US some I assuming at a HF. If there is any interest let me know and I'll take the measurements and post some pix.

9. DoTheGrownup

DoTheGrownup Senior member

Here are pics and measurements on the Borrelli shirt, since some of you asked. Looking to trade for slim fit dress shirts in a 16/34, or maybe a sport coat in a 42R.

Tagged size 44/17.5", button down collar, thick MOP buttons, two button neck closure. Beautiful shirt.

Across shoulders: 22"
    Sleeve: 26"
    Chest: 25"
    Neck: 17.5"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

Here are pics and measurements on the Borrelli shirt, since some of you asked. Looking to trade for slim fit dress shirts in a 16/34, or maybe a sport coat in a 42R.

Tagged size 44/17.5", button down collar, thick MOP buttons, two button neck closure. Beautiful shirt.

Across shoulders: 22"
    Sleeve: 26"
    Chest: 25"
    Neck: 17.5"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a slim-fit D&G shirt in 16.5" if you're interested...

[​IMG]

11. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

12. Mannix

Mannix Senior member

Yall, here are some new items in from the thrift....not sure what I will keep or put out to play...let me know if yall are interested?

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=3829

Wow, nice haul there!

13. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Yall, here are some new items in from the thrift....not sure what I will keep or put out to play...let me know if yall are interested?

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=3829

Ummm ya, where do you thrift? like i need an address..... [​IMG]

14. LS7

LS7 Senior member

My measurements: 36R - 38R/S, 30W, 15" collar, 10UK/11US shoe size.

I have two decent items for trade.

First is a 16.5" Canali dress shirt. Basically NWOT as there are no signs of wear at all. Pink and white mini-squared pattern; thick MOP buttons; barrel cuff.

Also a 38R Polo Ralph Lauren by Corneliani navy blazer. Used and would benefit from a dry clean, although no external flaws whatsoever. 100% soft virgin wool, dual vents, front pockets don't have flaps but aren't patch pockets. Fits more like a 39R/40R as the shoulders are 19" and the chest is 42".

Will post pics later.

15. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Found a 100% cashmere blazer from Neiman Marcus "Designer Collections". No other designer or tag to be found. 40L. Looks like it was only worn once or twice (all but one waist pocket are still sewn shut. 3 btn front, looks recent by the slimmer lapel and higher gorge. Will post measurements if there is interest. Update for pics: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]