• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sesame bagels toasted in ramp butter with homemade ramp cream cheese, lox, and ramps sautéed in bacon fat.
7B70838B-B65A-4090-B385-7CE2BEB2E9B2.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So I did this. It's really pretty good. Make sure to spread sauce/cheese/toppings to the edge.

One thing I'll say is I think Kenji might be off on the temp. Heated our baking steel in a 500F oven for an hour and the pie was smoking in 5-6 minutes. Next try will be 450F.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I did this. It's really pretty good. Make sure to spread sauce/cheese/toppings to the edge.

One thing I'll say is I think Kenji might be off on the temp. Heated our baking steel in a 500F oven for an hour and the pie was smoking in 5-6 minutes. Next try will be 450F.

Did you put giardiniera on it? I assume you used your own sausage (in b4 joke).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did you put giardiniera on it? I assume you used your own sausage (in b4 joke).

Canned mushrooms (trust me on this for pizza) and a good quality sliced pepperoni and baton'ed the sliced (Windsor style represent!)

I need to make some bulk Italian as I'm currently out. Nice time I make it and I will make it again. Unlike Kenji though I plan to precook the sausage to about 80% done. Just in and out too quickly (TWSS!)

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Curing process is interesting, especially that it developed out of pat’s which is my favorite.

Will have to try, but obviously not tonight.

He says you can freeze then post curing which I might have to try out.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Makes me think of the tavern style sausage & giardiniera from Sanos in Mayfair. I'm out of their delivery area, but I'll still do carryout once every couple of months. The place flies under the radar, and doesn't get written up by Eater or Chicago Magazine, but I think it's the best in the City.

AF1QipOg93LTTPY862PCcrtbJWTARWGbQTT6xIZZw_hS=s1360-w1360-h1020

AF1QipNxdXKsGhJFdv6WOCc9gi6VV0x6612k8LNhrWvu=s1360-w1360-h1020

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like is having to smell this simmer all day long as it smells so damn good.

1685844296578.png

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there a kosher salt shortage or something?

I’ve been trying to buy another box of Morton’s for at least a month and it is consistently sold out at both of my local supermarkets.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I’ve been trying to buy another box of Morton’s for at least a month and it is consistently sold out at both of my local supermarkets.
Not an issue here for what it’s worth.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also out in my area!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads