• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m sure everyone has that dish that brings them back home. Mine is my mom’s scratch made lasagna. She doesn’t have a lick of Italian blood in her, but that doesn’t stop her from rolling out her own noodles and making her own gravy. This is the dish she makes when she wants us to stay with them an extra night. “You can’t leave, I made a pan of lasagna for a small meal before you hit the road tomorrow.” Works every time. I’m sure there are technically better lasagnas out there, but this one is mine.

She’ll occasionally bring us frozen pans (loaf pans many years older than me) with hand written instructions: Bake 1 hour @ 350F. I don’t think me nor any of my siblings have ever told her that her time and temp are all wrong. It’s still lukewarm warm after and hour. It’s more of an “it’s ready when it’s ready dish”.

4452FBA0-6963-49A7-8E32-DE0480BBB2B9.jpeg

67FFACB0-E482-446A-AEC3-AD18FF055622.jpeg

I told my wife before our wedding that she should never attempt to make this for me as it will never compare. What does everyone else have special in their memory bank?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'd have to check with my HOA. ;)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an outdoor flat top?

Thinking about kopping this on sale:

I feel like it will get more use than a traditional propane grill. Searing steaks, making smash burgers, etc. Hard to beat the price.

Kopping is just docking with an inanimate object, so no you shouldn't kopp a hot griddle.

In all seriousness, I don't have an outdoor griddle but my FIL does. It's fantastic for fajitas and burgers, so yes.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think it will be a good start to your cadre of outdoor cooking appliances every man needs.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For my KJ I've two of these reversible griddles and also a half moon cast iron grill. It's great using the grill and griddle insert together on the KJ and the griddle also works perfectly on the Lynx. It was the KJ griddle on the Lynx for those ground brisket burgers that were so damn good.

If you don't mind futzing with charcoal, and can afford the initial investment, a KJ with the toys is a super versatile piece. Smoke, low and slow, high temp grill, griddle, and everything in between.

maxresdefault.jpg

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a swappable flat top for my gas grill. The stand alone flat top is a nice to have item for me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Butter chicken. It did not suck.
IMG_20210619_153610_234.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Along the Mexi line...I thought to myself, "Self, you hate cleaning beef cheeks but you love barbacoa. What can you use in substitution?" Then it hit me...brisket barbacoa. When I was shopping yesterday I did not like the looks of any of the briskets but I plan to try doing barbacoa with chunks of brisket and seeing how that works.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads