• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I swear, it's only on Styleforum that you can find such a mix of horrifying barbarism and refined cooking. Most people very sensibly keep them apart.

its also a place where you’ll find educated, well reasoned and well dressed men who also happen to be well versed in the works of Veronica Moser??:crazy::uhoh:

brokencycle

Reaction score
Whhhhaaaattttt?????? I strenuously object to this classification.

Grilled Cheese:
A toasted sandwich, grilled cheese sandwich, cheese toastie, or grilled cheese is a hot sandwich made with one or more varieties of cheese (a cheese sandwich) on bread. It is typically prepared by heating cheese between slices of bread, with a cooking fat such as butter, on a frying pan, griddle, or sandwich toaster, until the bread browns and the cheese melts.
Melt:
A melt sandwich is a type of hot sandwich containing bread, cheese (sometimes grated) and some type of filling such as meat or vegetables. The sandwich is then heated until the cheese is melted. It may be served as an open face sandwich or a closed face one.
Anyone who thinks adding meat or other ingredients is still a grilled cheese will be up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to look this up myself to jog the memory. Most shameful from March 2019.

Five Flesh burgers here. Patty is beef, pork sausage meat, bacon, capicola salami and a spoonful of duck fat to keep it loose. Pretzel buns, Kerrygold reserve cheddar and some smashed avocado.

View attachment 1144645

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
its also a place where you’ll find educated, well reasoned and well dressed men who also happen to be well versed in the works of Veronica Moser??:crazy::uhoh:
where do you fit in?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe you’re still alive.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As if anyone could mistake government cheese for actual food. :sarcasm:

It's like Chow from Good Omens...

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grilled Cheese:

Melt:

Anyone who thinks adding meat or other ingredients is still a grilled cheese will be up against the wall when the revolution comes.
Only reason why there’s a separate definition of grilled cheese is because some soy boy vegan cuck felt discriminated against.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8B859A0A-65BA-4B93-A6CA-8AD23C6F0C17.jpeg

Braised some lamb shank this afternoon in white wine, chicken stock, carrots, onion, tomato and bouquet garni.. was a little torn on whether or not to use the herbs since I really wanted to taste the lamb essence but I think it was a good call.

Pulled the lamb after about 3 hours, strained and reduced the sauce for about another hour. Put mushrooms in for the last 30 min. Served over yellow grits with Mexican crema.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads