• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
baked potatoes are a tragically underrated side.
Actually quite heavy. worthy of a solo spot.
but to put the potato in the side spot? Has to be delicate. Perhaps smaller potatoes baked and quartered with the sauce?

I swear, Today's potato was a steak.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working on the Anglo "meat and 2 veg".
Today's experiment - the 2 veg.
View attachment 1482136
Baked potato with broccoli and cheese sauce.

If I could have just one half of this, with a lamb chop and gravy or mint jelly? Done. :drool:

Right there with you on the lamb chop, but consider browned butter and rosemary instead. It brings out the taste so nicely if the lamb is sauteed properly - i.e. still pink.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
That's a good call. I want at least 1 perfect Anglo dish in my ammo. But it's hard to do.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
bake a marital aid sized potato. cut in half. scoop out inside and mix that with some butter, some vegetables, some cheese, whatever. Re stuff the potato skins, cover with some cheese, and blast in the broiler.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
baked potatoes are a tragically underrated side.
Baked, boiled, pan fry, deep fry, pureed, scooped out, any thing but raw. "Egg of the ground" someone called it - totally underrated but totally ubiquitous too.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good call. I want at least 1 perfect Anglo dish in my ammo. But it's hard to do.

Try a beef roast with Yorkshire pudding. So good, and not too much finesse, although you want to be sure not to overdo the roast.

Today's take on a Salade Niçoise:

001.jpg

Paired with a Provençal wine: L'Orangeraie Rosé. Taste of dry strawberries and rose.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bake a marital aid sized potato. cut in half. scoop out inside and mix that with some butter, some vegetables, some cheese, whatever. Re stuff the potato skins, cover with some cheese, and blast in the broiler.
Some are bigger than others.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually quite heavy. worthy of a solo spot.
but to put the potato in the side spot? Has to be delicate. Perhaps smaller potatoes baked and quartered with the sauce?

I swear, Today's potato was a steak.

A smallish potato, coated in oil and salt and then baked until skin is crispy needs nothing more than salt and butter.. maybe some sour cream.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you can get good pork sausages where you are, but I'd suggest bangers and mash with a really intense onion gravy. That's a pub classic, always sells great in my experience.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I took a page out of my own book today and made sauteed lamb with asparagus, browned butter, rosemary, and pine nuts. Cabernet Sauvignon wine pairing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads