• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In all seriousness I don't know why turkey gravy is so good. Make the same style chicken gravy and it's not as good. Maybe it's just association with childhood memories or some other weird psychological ****.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stuffing can be good too, if you cook it outside the insipid bird.

brokencycle

Reaction score
In addition, my golf club is infested with wild turkeys and their beady-eyed stares put me off while chipping around the greens.

Yeah, sure blame the poultry. You'd think a kept man would have more time to work on his short game and stop making excuses.

Stuffing can be good too, if you cook it outside the insipid bird.

Then it is dressing and not stuffing

Smoked turkey is good. If you shut your eyes and try really hard it tastes like smoked brisket.

(No, it doesn't. But its still better than plain oven roasted)

I generally smoke a turkey every year, and I normally do a apple cider gravy with it. It is one of the happiest days of the year (mostly because I get a 4 day weekend to eat and I don't have to deal with family).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sure blame the poultry. You'd think a kept man would have more time to work on his short game and stop making excuses.

Then it is dressing and not stuffing

I generally smoke a turkey every year, and I normally do a apple cider gravy with it. It is one of the happiest days of the year (mostly because I get a 4 day weekend to eat and I don't have to deal with family).

Wouldn't you rather smoke with your turkey?

danksgiving-turkey-stoned.jpg

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A couple of poles in college. It happens.

stro

Reaction score
+1 to smoked turkey. i really appreciate that good smoked turkey is readily available in my particular bbq town (even though i exclusively get it as a side for beef, as is my god-given right).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Our good friends/neighbors invited us to their place for TG. The main menu item will be raiding my inheritance and some seared foie gras.

I might bring something over but haven't decided what.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
also for toasters i use my Breville $160 toaster oven almost daily for (mostly) baking. I even ran into the blown fuse issue on my first a few years ago.

but i just went out and bought the same thing over again and then cursed myself for waiting so long.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got dat vitamix!

Now to figure out what I can blend...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics