• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I guess you lose then.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not screwing up my music playlist for a Focaccia.
I want something i can print out.

foccacia has like 5 ingredients and takes like 15 min (minus the proofing), if you’ve ever made dough for anything, you are halfway there. Just google foccacia recipe and any of the top 5 entries are probably going to be pretty close to each other and to the YouTube one Pio recommended. Just make sure you don’t over knead, or add hot oil to the dough.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like a lot of the Milk Street recipes, but there's always some weird step I screw up because I didn't watch the video.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made that a few weeks ago. Really solid recipe.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made that a few weeks ago. Really solid recipe.
I made the broccoli rabe and farro gratin over the weekend. Freakin delicious, too. I don't know what I will make next from that edition.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A further experiment with my regular bread recipe yielded a much better loaf (the deformed part is from my three-year old making a handprint while helping sprinkle flour on the loaf). I made the dough around midnight last night and let it rise for 9.5 hours before forming and proofing. I also upped the baking tiny 39 minutes (recipes calls for 30).

Lunch of bread with butter, salami, Muenster cheese and raspberries.

326EC465-4B15-42D5-819F-E7C18331E79B.jpeg
F5A947DA-02B5-44E1-A598-B5101B2FAF7A.jpeg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I made the broccoli rabe and farro gratin over the weekend. Freakin delicious, too. I don't know what I will make next from that edition.
Is that the one with the blondie recipe? That's a good recipe.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
to quote a Canadian chef, this is how I've been approaching recipes lately. Though I apply it to both Google and with books that I know will cover something I'm looking for.

"When I’m making food for myself, I’ll Google something, and I always read two or three recipes and what are the three or four things in the recipes — is it fresh nutmeg? How are different people making their béchamel?"

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Yeah, I do that too. with Cookpad, and my recipe books. try to figure out the commonality and make my own version.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So the test results were positive for yeast? Sorry to hear, mang.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads