• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blue bowl has dough rising for focaccia, some potatoes I’m twice baking, small pan has garlic/herb infused olive oil for focaccia, some farmers market corn and lastly, a prime porterhouse that my fleabag supermarket had on sale for 7 or 8.99 on the cast iron

View attachment 1438132
I would have forgotten about at least 1 of these and burned them.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That 12 inch Dexter knife i posted above is $30 on Amazon and awesome. It's endorsed by Aaron Franklin, which is the only reason I would have even considered buying it. 7 stars, and if it goes to **** in 3-5 years, I can just replace for cheap.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Blue bowl has dough rising for focaccia, some potatoes I’m twice baking, small pan has garlic/herb infused olive oil for focaccia, some farmers market corn and lastly, a prime porterhouse that my fleabag supermarket had on sale for 7 or 8.99 on the cast iron

View attachment 1438132
Microwave your ears of corn next time. Four minutes on high. If you have like five or more just add a minute per ear. Slice bottom and all the silk falls off. So much quicker and easier than boiling and TBH the results are probably better. Certainly just as good.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Charring corn on the grill is the best way, IMO.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Charring corn on the grill is the best way, IMO.
Yep open-fire cooking works really well. Just no reason to get a big-ole pot o' water going for corn.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That 12 inch Dexter knife i posted above is $30 on Amazon and awesome. It's endorsed by Aaron Franklin, which is the only reason I would have even considered buying it. 7 stars, and if it goes to **** in 3-5 years, I can just replace for cheap.

But wouldn't you prefer an offset handle for bread so you can slice down to the board without hitting your knuckles or having to make sure you use a thick board and line up the bred with the edge?

1597079685283.png

brokencycle

Reaction score
But wouldn't you prefer an offset handle for bread so you can slice down to the board without hitting your knuckles or having to make sure you use a thick board and line up the bred with the edge?

View attachment 1438743

Hey, the bear has spoken, and that's good enough for me which is why I have a subscribe and save already setup. A new knife a week.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, the bear has spoken, and that's good enough for me which is why I have a subscribe and save already setup. A new knife a week.
With that 5% discount it's buy 20 get one free!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is basically every healthy-eating cliche.

Tejari is a collection of organic, superfood protein blends (less than 6 ingredients in every product!), made right here in Atlanta! One of the cleanest brands on the market, Tejari blends are organic, vegan, peanut-free & dairy-free, and are sourced from only clean ingredients (no added sugar) with real dehydrated fruits and vegetables, plant-based protein, antioxidants & gut-healthy fibers – otherwise known as “food that makes you feel good”. Sound familiar?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah, I have an offset bread knife and I love it. Can't remember if it's H or W but one of them Germans.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads