• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s happening!!

79ECCD57-ECA4-46EB-BC37-7505F7E88AA6.jpeg

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, this is cool if you aren't local: https://www.thespicehouse.com/collections/flatpack

Ships free because they weigh nothing.

Doesn't waste a glass jar because anyone ordering fancy spices probably already has a plethora of old jars.
I don’t even use jars anymore except for spices I only need a little of. I keep the bagged spices in long pantry bins I got from Container Store. They work perfectly. Don’t see the point in transferring to bottles.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
That's why I always do.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice looking grilled chicken breasts.

I eat plenty of boneless/skinless chicken breasts but they are usually boring and almost always overcooked. A chicken breast done right is refreshing.
I'd say its easy but its not. It's taken me years of trial and error and figuring some things out. And a lot of cold winters cooking in the snow.

Prep: Fairly easy but I do have go to brands for juicier and more tender breasts. Pound flat to cook evenly.

Marinade: experiment. dry, wet, whatever. Find what works for you and get it down. Then experiment more. My greek marinade is olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and greektown seasoning. It really becomes difficult to over season. I might have done it like twice ever.

Marinades can be fairly simple like the greek marinade or more complex. Think of brown sugar, olive oil, smoked paprika, bbq, cajun and cayenne. Or any combinations of the above. One item that I have not experimented with but I keep hearing about is mayo to keep chicken juicer. Its almost like the mop for Alabama chicken.

Pre Grill: Oil grates. Have S&P ready. preheat

Grill: I usually place breast on the hot grill for a few seconds and season with salt/pepper. By that time, they have a little color going I usually flip right away and season the other side as well. After that, I cook/grill to about 155 keeping my best to avoid too much charring. That usually means a medium to medium-hot grill.

If you need even more flavor (without getting too unhealthy) try boneless skinless thighs. There's a little more prep and handling involved but it can be worth it for the extra flavor. I usually cut them up and skewer them to fantastic results.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tzatziki is one of the most perfect condiments ever. Like when you put it context of Greek cuisine and how well it works universally and melds so many expectations of Greek food it's perfect.
I would say the same about tartar. And what you find in grocery stores is complete ****. A travesty. Someone could make a real killing suppling restaurant grade tzatziki and tartar to grocery stores. My guess is shelf life is probably difficult to deal with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads