• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that if you have fried chicken roots, there will be loyalties/preferences.

For me, and the absence of those roots, Popeye’s does the job exceedingly well. (There are no Ken’s in the area).

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Story time. Ken.
Ken is a former top chef at a large hotel. who met a charismatic waitress. they married, and started their own small place, his menu, her customer service behind the bar.

She likes 80's rock and Nissans, he is softly spoken, and likes golf. He speaks through his art. food. a shy man. focused on what he does.

Yo Ken! *looks out the window. This is the best fried chicken in town!!! big smile, laughs and nods from customers. They know. . I distracted him.

I am closer to the wife, as he is always in the kitchen. and i am at the bar. but i promise you. Ken does not need a star. his food has the word of mouth praise.

If you come to Japan? drop $150 on the bar, and say "Food and Drink" Boutique Sake's, Kirin Beer, and food that flies in the face of Michelin stars. with great local conversation.

100m from my house. you can sleep on my sofa.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got this in, supposed to be the best parm in Italy. This is the 4 year aged, will try the 7 year next time.

ACAB6E59-F745-4912-8830-778D2E96DD5C.jpeg

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bought several dozen of these to clear up my overflowing spice drawer:

Normal size grocery store bottles are too tall to fit in the drawer, but I lose too much space if I lay them on their side. These are a little bit shorter, but still pretty good capacity and fit in the drawer well because they are square.

I try to restock with bulk spices when I can (buy smaller quantities rather than some jar that will sit around forever and lose flavor), although I am sure there will be occasional annoying times where I have to buy a full grocery bottle but can't quite fit it all into the bottle.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the white plate too, mind sharing the brand / where you'd got them?
It's standard John Lewis (UK) Croft Collection. We moved to London in 2014 without a stick of furniture and basically equipped a whole house in one online order from them. Everything else is long gone but we kept the tableware because it's really good.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bought several dozen of these to clear up my overflowing spice drawer:

Normal size grocery store bottles are too tall to fit in the drawer, but I lose too much space if I lay them on their side. These are a little bit shorter, but still pretty good capacity and fit in the drawer well because they are square.

I try to restock with bulk spices when I can (buy smaller quantities rather than some jar that will sit around forever and lose flavor), although I am sure there will be occasional annoying times where I have to buy a full grocery bottle but can't quite fit it all into the bottle.
You better visit the Spice House to restock those. Same family as Penzeys but I like their (the Spice House) blends better.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Story time. Ken.
Ken is a former top chef at a large hotel. who met a charismatic waitress. they married, and started their own small place, his menu, her customer service behind the bar.

She likes 80's rock and Nissans, he is softly spoken, and likes golf. He speaks through his art. food. a shy man. focused on what he does.

Yo Ken! *looks out the window. This is the best fried chicken in town!!! big smile, laughs and nods from customers. They know. . I distracted him.

I am closer to the wife, as he is always in the kitchen. and i am at the bar. but i promise you. Ken does not need a star. his food has the word of mouth praise.

If you come to Japan? drop $150 on the bar, and say "Food and Drink" Boutique Sake's, Kirin Beer, and food that flies in the face of Michelin stars. with great local conversation.

100m from my house. you can sleep on my sofa.

What is the name of this place? Not sure when I will make it back to Tokyo but I have my fingers crossed for later this year.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You meet me at Chitose, and i drive you.

Ohh its on Hokkaido? I thought you lived in Tokyo? Never been there but would love to go. I heard the Sapporo brewery tour is really good lol.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Bro. The food up here is off the chain. The agricultural and fishing heart of Japan.
come for the food, stay for the party.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads