• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a metal 9x13... And my glass or ceramic pans that size won't work.

I've got a pair of round cake pans that might work and 10/12" cast iron... Otherwise some half-sheet pans and a jellyroll pan.
Buy a $10 one at the grocery store or Amazon. Cmon, the pizza is worth it and you’ll end up making it a bunch cause its easy and cheap and good.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buy a $10 one at the grocery store or Amazon. Cmon, the pizza is worth it and you’ll end up making it a bunch cause its easy and cheap and good.
Ok, well then I'm just going to order the damn pan that kenji recommends...if this works AND I move to somewhere that can't serve me this shit, I'm definitely going to get lots of use out of it.

Its more expensive but...I've literally never seen this on an amazon product before:
1620953101664.png

Amazon is making 4AM deliveries now?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got something delivered from Amazon this past Sunday at 9pm, like really it's both a Sunday and 9pm, what are you Amazon slave drivers, delivery truck sweat shop workers???

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
The woks of life! My favorite food blog:

I deviate from the recipe a bit, I add chicken powder and soy sauce. 😅
From that link:

pockmarked grandma’s tofu
I feel like we've heard about grandma's titties before.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PXL_20210515_002219435.jpg

Decided to use the cake pans and make weird round Detroit pizza.

Couldn't get brick cheese so went all in on doing it Jets style... Sauce, mozzarella cheese, toppings. Sausage and giardiniera on mine and a blasphemy pizza for her.
Went with Raos sauce I had from Costco, but did add a little diced garlic and pepper flakes/oregano.

Tried another new to me Kenji trick and lightly floured the sausage balls to get them to brown more.

It was pretty good. Used too much cheese and the crust was a little too dry and chewy... Think it got overworked?

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, well then I'm just going to order the damn pan that kenji recommends...if this works AND I move to somewhere that can't serve me this shit, I'm definitely going to get lots of use out of it.

Its more expensive but...I've literally never seen this on an amazon product before:
View attachment 1609472

Amazon is making 4AM deliveries now?
You damn enablers, I ordered this pan last night, it gets here Monday, going to try Kenji's Detroit recipe as well!

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was pretty good. Used too much cheese and the crust was a little too dry and chewy... Think it got overworked?
How much oil did you use in the pan. You need lots. Oil up that dough!

I use a kitchenaid for my dough and its never been overworked.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How much oil did you use in the pan. You need lots. Oil up that dough!

I use a kitchenaid for my dough and its never been overworked.
For what it's worth, I may have misread the instructions a bit...

It said to mix until it forms a rough ball, rest for 10 minutes, and then mix more, but I read that as mix for 10 Initially and realized about 7 in when it was aggressively climbing up the dough hook.

I might try the food processor though. 30 seconds, rest, 30 more seconds? That's pretty darn quick.

Oh and I also used active dry yeast instead of instant (rehydrated in some of the total amount of water).

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.