• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In all seriousness I don't know why turkey gravy is so good. Make the same style chicken gravy and it's not as good. Maybe it's just association with childhood memories or some other weird psychological shit.

Omega Male

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuffing can be good too, if you cook it outside the insipid bird.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smoked turkey is good. If you shut your eyes and try really hard it tastes like smoked brisket.

(No, it doesn't. But its still better than plain oven roasted)

brokencycle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In addition, my golf club is infested with wild turkeys and their beady-eyed stares put me off while chipping around the greens.
Yeah, sure blame the poultry. You'd think a kept man would have more time to work on his short game and stop making excuses.

Stuffing can be good too, if you cook it outside the insipid bird.
Then it is dressing and not stuffing

Smoked turkey is good. If you shut your eyes and try really hard it tastes like smoked brisket.

(No, it doesn't. But its still better than plain oven roasted)
I generally smoke a turkey every year, and I normally do a apple cider gravy with it. It is one of the happiest days of the year (mostly because I get a 4 day weekend to eat and I don't have to deal with family).

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, sure blame the poultry. You'd think a kept man would have more time to work on his short game and stop making excuses.

Then it is dressing and not stuffing

I generally smoke a turkey every year, and I normally do a apple cider gravy with it. It is one of the happiest days of the year (mostly because I get a 4 day weekend to eat and I don't have to deal with family).
Wouldn't you rather smoke with your turkey?

stro

Reaction score
+1 to smoked turkey. i really appreciate that good smoked turkey is readily available in my particular bbq town (even though i exclusively get it as a side for beef, as is my god-given right).

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Our good friends/neighbors invited us to their place for TG. The main menu item will be raiding my inheritance and some seared foie gras.

I might bring something over but haven't decided what.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
also for toasters i use my Breville $160 toaster oven almost daily for (mostly) baking. I even ran into the blown fuse issue on my first a few years ago.

but i just went out and bought the same thing over again and then cursed myself for waiting so long.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got dat vitamix!

Now to figure out what I can blend...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.