• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official TES V:Skyrim Thread

Saltricks

Reaction score
So the games out and it is amazing...

Share anything interesting you find, comments you have about the game, and anything else related to Skyrim here.

I've been breaking into people's houses to cook their food, because its oddly entertaining to me.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So the games out and it is amazing...
Share anything interesting you find, comments you have about the game, and anything else related to Skyrim here.
I've been breaking into people's houses to cook their food, because its oddly entertaining to me.

I lol'd. Instead of breaking into their houses to check for health potions and gold, you're doing them a favor. What a change in gaming...

Saltricks

Reaction score
Well they probably get kind of mad, imagine if someone took all your kobe beef and made hamburger helper

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The game is great. The chars have a lot more personality, and the visuals are great. I love when you first go up to the barrow and there is so much snow that it becomes dark. This game looks great because of the art more than tech. One small detail that shows this is the tree stump in the first village. Wood fibers spike up the middle where the tree was not cut with a saw and ripped. It would have been so easy to just make a flat surface and slap a texture on that and be done with it.

If anyone doesn't like the melee combat, start using a bow. Im playing a theif with a bow and it makes the game more complex because you have to have a good attack spot where you can see your target, but also get somewhere to hide incase his friends come.

The buffs from those stones and perks seem very powerful. Right now I have a buff that causes my stealth to level quickly, but I'm tempted to get the necromancy buff so I can summon skeletons who can tank for me while I arch.

I'm still early in the game. Is there a way to get a horse without paying? I killed a noble on a horse out in the middle of no where, but I was not "hidden" when I went into stealth, despite no one being around.

Also, turn mouse acceleration off in SkyrimPrefs.ini
[Controls]
bMouseAcceleration=0

The resurrected Nords are how I imagined the others in Game of Thrones to look:
Skyrim13.jpg

Here are screen shots from someone who kills women, keeps their corpses, then arranges them in sexual positions.

1xoF1.jpg

LbWWP.jpg

Saltricks

Reaction score
lol so I'm not the only one who does that with the bodies.

airblaster503

Reaction score
I really need to build a PC to play this game on. Have it for xbox right now though and the game is great so far. I also agree with using the bow, that has always been my go to in these games. And I almost forgot about the stones, haven't encountered any since I first started. Need to go back and switch it up since my combat skills are already pretty high.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get quest
walk through wilderness for 5 hours
button mash
finish quest

repeat

kinda fun though, im at the embassy mission but i didnt give that elf dude enough gear to sneak in. this game also came out at the worst possible friggin time, my academic performance is surely suffering because of it.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

get quest
walk through wilderness for 5 hours
button mash
finish quest
repeat

You forgot that the walk through the wilderness for 5 hours step involves battling giants, dragons and finding random caves and dungeons to explore. This is the type of game where the main quest is actually secondary to my playing experience. The random, vastness of the world is what keeps me enthralled.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You forgot that the walk through the wilderness for 5 hours step involves battling giants, dragons and finding random caves and dungeons to explore. This is the type of game where the main quest is actually secondary to my playing experience. The random, vastness of the world is what keeps me enthralled.

yeah, truth. i have been giving it more time and its really quite significant how much the experience is what you make of it. i backed off the embassy mission and did some companions quests, im now finding mad loot, fun stuff.

some balance issues though; i baited a dragon into fighting a giant so i wouldnt get cooked and somehow the giant smashed the dragon with 1/2 hp remaining. oops

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carry a bucket with you everywhere. If you put it over someone's head, you can pick pocket them or steal anything in their presence. Carry multiple buckets for rooms of multiple people.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score

Carry a bucket with you everywhere. If you put it over someone's head, you can pick pocket them or steal anything in their presence. Carry multiple buckets for rooms of multiple people.

This is absolutely hilarious if true.

I haven't bought this, but I did check to see what I could run it at with my current rig (Phenom X-II 965BE quad core @ 3.4ghz / 8gb ram / Radeon 5850) and it looks like 1080p with high settings will produce a perfectly workable FPS rate. Much better option than getting it for Xbox as I imagine it will need some patching up.

xpress

Reaction score
Bought it last night (Traded in the rather boring 7 hours of gameplay that is Uncharted 3).

The reduced level scaling could be the best thing to happen to the recent batch of Elder Scrolls series.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought it last night (Traded in the rather boring 7 hours of gameplay that is Uncharted 3).

The reduced level scaling could be the best thing to happen to the recent batch of Elder Scrolls series.

I read that when you enter a dungeon, the enemy's level is set. So if it's too difficult, you can come back later.

I dont like this though because ever since I read it I've been avoiding going into caves and such just out of curiosity.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This game is great. I've played 24 hrs worth and it's been a week.

I want to do all the thieves guild, dark brotherhood, stormcloak stuff and main quest line with my thief. After that I want to make a 2h heavy armor nord tank and do all the empire quests and other fighting centric groups.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics