• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking, and I was stoked to see they made a series. I’m not sure why they’d want just a female Hulk either. Man. I can’t remember if she started out boring, a character like Swamp Thing (so overlooked that the writers had free reign to be magical), or if she was always meta/hilarious ... but I don’t understand why they wouldn’t go with the latter. For all their aims, she seems a much better focus than Black Widow.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who knows. I love the MCU but consistency is an area I feel people give them too much credit. She-Hulk could go either way. Hopefully we get the more unique interpretation of her character.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Black Widow is a good character, but I agree the film version has been a let down. Maybe this movie will be good. I’m just not holding my breath.

She-Hulk is the female character I'm
Most interested in. Jennifer Walters has an incredible amount of potential and has been written in unique ways over the years. Currently Marvel comics seems to want her to just be “female Hulk” which isn’t that interesting. Hopefully they dig into some of the better interpretations of her characters because that could be amazing.
Disagree. Black Widow, the character, is dull and uninteresting. ScarJo inhabiting the character in the MCU has been pretty good and she has helped ground the other members of the ensemble, The movies have been better because of the BW/Banner, BW/Cap and BW/Hawkeye interactions. But those are all at the personal, not character level and maybe with a different actress they would be less interesting.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Disagree. Black Widow, the character, is dull and uninteresting. ScarJo inhabiting the character in the MCU has been pretty good and she has helped ground the other members of the ensemble, The movies have been better because of the BW/Banner, BW/Cap and BW/Hawkeye interactions. But those are all at the personal, not character level and maybe with a different actress they would be less interesting.

Interesting take and I can see where you are coming from. To be honest I’ve never been a huge fan of her character even in the comics even if I know she has fans. I just have found her MCU persona extremely dull. I mean if her interactions with her surrounding male characters are what excite you then I have to wonder if that says much about her overall characterization.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once that first Black Widow trailer drops everyone is going to change their tune.

In Feige we trust.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would never have thought Selma Hayek and Angelina Jolie would be in a Marvel movie.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Marvel is sucking up all the talent. It’s going to be an issue in the long term for DC/WB.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would never have thought Selma Hayek and Angelina Jolie would be in a Marvel movie.
Folks want to be in billion dollar movies. I sure as hell would, if I were an actor.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is crap. Looks like we're stuck with Sony Spidey. Sony may have rejected a 25% offer from Marvel. That sounds more fair than 50%.

Now we will get a sub-optimal movie. No one wants to see Spidey in the Sony Venom verse. The cliffhanger at the end of Far from Home won't be able to be resolved for contractual reasons. (Favreau, Tomei, Simmons, Zendaya etc)

Avi Arad will end up as the main producer with no input from Feige and the Marvel writing staff, which makes all these movie plotlines cohesive.

From another board:

I beginning to think Sony never really wanted to renew the deal. Now there are different reports and folks can believe what they want to. I think the latest report of 25% being offered by Disney months ago in which Sony either declined or acted upon is closer to the truth. Sony thus, waiting til these past few days, are first to leak out their 50% claim in trying to not look like the 'bad guy' in all of it and maintain fan continuity as best they can.

Either way, it's their license and if their future Spidey films are of the quality of Venom, then I want no part of it.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you really using the thoughts from some random dude’s post on another web forum as your source? :confused2:

He doesn’t know anything more about the situation then any of us.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You really think Sony has no blame here? My BS meter is going off

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was very clear in my posts that I was basing my opinion on the details revealed in the original Deadline story. The one you posted and the one that I’m under the impression very few people took the time to actually read. Cause that Deadline article painted a fairly clear picture of it being Disney’s fault.

Since then other stories have come out claiming to have insider info that contradicted the original Dealine story. At this point it’s up in the air what really went down.

I do think it’s hilarious how Disney has weaponized their fanbase on this topic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads